• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They are offering FAs monthly leaves and daily leaves, have been for awhile now. I would imagine we would be offered a similar deal before actual furloughs.

Also they are likely to ask the military guys to take as much military time as they can during the first quarter of 2010. They did that last year, much to my surprise. The company decided not to extend the companies policy of 5 year voluntary MILOA to 7 years. I scratch my head on the decision especially in these tough economic times when you are FAT on pilots and we are waiting for the 60 year olds to turn 65. That decision may change in the near future.

The union has been asking them about extending the userra limits and whatnot, so far they have gotten nowhere. company needs to realize that you can't just get 3 or 4 year orders, it takes time. thus, if they are going to give some relief prior to some future manning issue, they need to do it now, not a month prior to the axe falling.

I personally don't see a furlough but then again the kool-aid sure is good. The process should go, ask for military leaves, offer voluntary furloughs, then on to asking for reduced line guarantees from everyone to keep people on property. The last has been done before and when I made mention of it a while back not one person responded saying they would do it. So I'll ask again, you guys gonna step up so we don't put people on the street? Or has things changed from taking care of each other and our junior folks?

SLC
:cool:

Right now I'm on Mil Leave but will need to come back soon. I am in favor of doing what ever it takes to keep everyone employed.

I bet you if this were to happen NO ONE would encourage the 60+ guys to retire/ take a LOA before they asked the Mil guys to help out, reduce lines, etc. If we are 300+ pilots FAT and their are 250 guys age 60+ I see where the problem is. But it is the law and we can't change it. They (60+) will be glad they still have a job and will feel sorry for those that are not recieving a pay check.

Buddy of mine is receiving a third of his pay each year to take a LOA for up to three years from ExJet. That has help prevented putting people on the street and helps boost moral as opposed to the F-word. Great Idea!

Latest resources

Back