• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Once upon a time, a visionary named Tanker Clown told you all that SWA wouldn't hire until 2012. He was mocked. Now his predictions look rock solid.

I think we should wait until the T/A passes (or fails) before we start talking about hiring. Once this issue is put to bed, maybe, just maybe things will brighten a bit. FWIW- Our own Union newsletter has been dropping not so subtle hints that SWA is still looking to acquire and for us to start thinking about a SLI integration based on DOH(or something like that) as opposed to a staple. I suppose this scenario would not bode well for anyone in the pool or looking to be hired. Should be an interesting six months.

Once upon a time, a visionary named Tanker Clown told you all that SWA wouldn't hire until 2012. He was mocked. Now his predictions look rock solid.

Don't forget you also called for furloughs in the same breath. Tell the whole story...........and I'll bring the word if "F's" happen........but they aren't going to happen.

Dick

Whatever crew told you that is talking out of his/her ass...there are no plans to hire anytime soon and plenty of folks still in the pool. We are way overmanned...I used to average about 8tfp per day and now it's more like 7-7.5. Open time used to be a no brainer, now it's a non-entity. I almsot expect another merger, too.

Welcome to JetBlue, one year ago or more. Productivity cuts are the new pay concessions.

Don't forget you also called for furloughs in the same breath. Tell the whole story...........and I'll bring the word if "F's" happen........but they aren't going to happen.

Dick

How many more schedule cuts before the "F" becomes a necessity? How long before the greed of senior folks outweighs the plight of someone at the bottom of the list hanging on?

Welcome to JetBlue, one year ago or more. Productivity cuts are the new pay concessions.
Pay concessions lower CASM while productivity cuts raise CASM. Productivity cuts are strictly to prevent involuntary furloughs due to reduced monthly system block hours, not to reduce CASM. Do you think of anyone but yourself? I would hate to be a junior guy at your airline.

probably won't make it to far, most old farts can't figure out this new NG display and RNP aprroaches, they'll leave before they have to learn the new tricks.

That and a few more youtube videos posted of them napping during A/T VNAV-LNAV cruise. They'll be leaving soon enough.

Pay concessions lower CASM while productivity cuts raise CASM. Productivity cuts are strictly to prevent involuntary furloughs due to reduced monthly system block hours, not to reduce CASM. Do you think of anyone but yourself? I would hate to be a junior guy at your airline.

Yep, Chef...I'd say your dickhead detector works just fine

Yep, Chef...I'd say your dickhead detector works just fine

Ha! I think "717 captain" means "dickhead" in Latin.

Do I really need to defend my inocuous post? Will there be a vapid look on ole Tranny's face?

Should I tell him to stop sniffing my butt and move along? Too malodorous for him? Or do I need to expound upon the premium pay system at JetBlue and how management uses that against us when it comes to the so-called industry average pay rates we have?

You around this weekend? Enough big words for you, Daddy?

Latest resources

Back