SWA hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All depends on their growths of course.
If they find ways to grow - there you go.

If they find regional partner/s and start fleet attrition - 15-20 year FOs is definitely a possibility and young Captains are not going anywhere - with obviously not much hiring.

I heard a lot of guys are just building time there for when 2012-2013 roll around so they can get to the legacies.

How many hours less is the average line blocking at Southwest now vs a year or two ago? Would that mean Southwest would have to grow that much before hiring again in the future as Southwest could just get more productivity out of their current employees?

How many hours less is the average line blocking at Southwest now vs a year or two ago? Would that mean Southwest would have to grow that much before hiring again in the future as Southwest could just get more productivity out of their current employees?

about 10%, and yes probably.

Whatever crew told you that is talking out of his/her ass...there are no plans to hire anytime soon and plenty of folks still in the pool. We are way overmanned...I used to average about 8tfp per day and now it's more like 7-7.5. Open time used to be a no brainer, now it's a non-entity. I almsot expect another merger, too.

Sounds like I have a bit of time to work on my Space Shuttle Type.

Shirinking in 09 and 10.

If there is growth in 11 it might make up for the shrinking.

If there is still a pool, it would be drained first.

So my best "uneducated" guess is there will be no hiring off the street until 2012 at the earliest.

Of course this all changes if we start to grow sooner or shrink longer.......and you know how everybody hates shrinkage!!!

Latest resources

Back