SWA Hiring update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

N1atEcon

I had EPT yesterday in PHX. Two of our Chief Pilots spoke and here is the word on the ramp.
2006 total hires will be 602 pilots.
2007 will be about 700.
If you have a type and a clean record interview calls can be as soon as a month after submitting your stuff.
If you dont have a type it will be longer. However 20% of new hires did not have a type when they interviewed.
Pool is about 200 and that will be gone by the end of Jan.
50% civilian 50% military for new hire classes.
LAS to open 1 oct 2007. Roy Martin will be the Chief Pilot. (great Guy.)
Cannot get enough airplanes but were able to get 4 options moved into 2007 from 2008 due to some other carrier changing their deliveries.
Re-skinning of 300's and winglet mod is well under way. Fuel savings with winglets on the 300's is greater than the 700's.
Gary Kelly's video was great and upbeat. The numbers are solid and the rest is classified....Except for SWA guys....
Lastly they asked everyone to become an FFDO. That way if some of osama's pussies make it to the plane we can solve the problem.
Notice I didn't capitalize osama, not a proper noun in my book.

Thanks for the information. Is there any way of knowing if Vegas is going to be a "junior" base? Thanks for any information.

The numbers are solid and the rest is classified....Except for SWA guys....

where you going to post this info.? pprune?

I think that will really be dictated by what happens with the age 60 rule and if it ultimately gets changed or not.

This is probably a dumb question but does getting an interview depend on having 1 or more recomendations.

This is probably a dumb question but does getting an interview depend on having 1 or more recomendations.

Getting an interview depends on nothing but the contents of your application. Recommendations are not accepted until AFTER you get the interview.

Fresh from HQ & Gary, himself. I asked him if -800's were on the shopping list & he said no... Not now, however...

So, expect to get pounded by -300/500/700's for the near future...

... from my interview last week, ~~ 150 will retire in 2007. Official plan is for ~~ 575 new hires but expect more due to the attrition and expansion.

Junior bases are BWI and OAk. Expect to get those within a month or two if desired (or not) and the more senior bases within 3-4 months.

Upgrades are 5-6 years in BWI, MDW; 8-10 years in PHX.

Latest resources

Back