SWA Health Care for Retired Mil

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

170B

For any retired military working at SWA. Do you cary full Ticare Prime or do you use the company health care? Any good/bad stories? Thanks.

the company

I use primarily the Company's but also use Tricare Standard. I've found that to be the best combination for my situation. Hope that helps.

I max out on both...Tricare prime only costs $400+ per year for a family before taxes....pretty cheap catastrophic insurance...I've used both SWA and Tricare over the past few years...of course I will reconsider if those knuckleheads in OSD get away with their proposal to triple the cost for "young" retiree's (under 65)

Kingwood

Both em'

In the immortal words of Deon Sanders from his old Pizza Hut commercials, "both em'".

I use SWA United Health Care as my primary and then use Tricare Standard (no cost right now) as my supplement insurance. Sometimes the doctors office doesn't even ask for a co-pay until they have filed with both. So far no big problems unless the doctors office tries to file under the wrong name with Tricare.

I use the company and tricare prime due to some pre-existing conditions for my wife. An option to look at is company and buy the MOAA supplement. They will pick up what UHC doesn't cover.

Latest resources

Back