SWA folks and 737 Typed ones who LUV them

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Johnny:

I'm not sure why you think he's a jacka$$, but if you only have your sights set on one company, does that make you a jacka$$. If I don't get hired, then I'll re evaluate my options and go from there.

Still waiting for the call.

Alrighty, decisions made. I talked to my good friend who is also an Express guy and we have decided to hit up HP in April (which is as soon as possible). Things just seem to be falling into place and I fully believe that this is the best possible thing to do and SWA is absolutly the best place to go.

Thanks to all who have helped, Express guys and Ex-Express current SWA guys have been coming out of the wood work to help Mike and I out. I hope to be sitting reserve on Christmas Day in BWI this year!

I was just handed my new certificate with a 737 type from HPA a couple of hours ago. Overall, an absolutely terrific outfit, and I'd go back to them in a heartbeat. I can't recommend them enough.

It's a LOT of work, and you'll need to put a lot into it to do well, but the program is first-rate. They're not the cheapest, but I completely feel I got my money's worth. Now I need a nap. :D

FYI, classes are filling up fast, so once you're sure of the date you can start, call up and check the date and send that deposit in. That'll also get the books on the way, so you won't have to cram in the required home-study program.

Thanks!

I requested the 200 just because I wanted things as close to what I'd learned in ground school, but ended up being assigned the -300. Honestly, I'm glad I got it, despite a bit of a learning curve regarding the autoflight panel (which is very different -- and very basic -- on the 200) and the FMS, neither of which I'd used before.

If you have prior experience with a modern autopilot and already know how to use it, I'd definitely recommend the -300. You can use it for the bulk of the ride, and it helps the workload tremendously, especially when you're in an emergency.

For those who are planning on going there, they'll give you a sheet where you can put your preferences and the order of priority. I asked for afternoon sims and got a 4pm-8pm schedule every day, which was perfect. A couple of guys got midnight to 4 sims; that's a little rough. I'd put schedule ahead of which model -- I'd much rather be awake in a 200 than falling asleep in the 300. :D

Higher Power has midnight sim sessions?

Yep. They use about 3 diffrent sim facilities, are there are some midnight sims.

I did my sim stuff at Alteon. Not sure if they run that on the red eye or not. I had the 10 am to 2 session when I was there.

Latest resources

Back