SWA flight lands at O'Hare

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dangerkitty said:
Do you know how many G's you are pulling sitting at your computer?

More than you're pulling.

Not sure what that meant, but it sounded kinda cool.

1G at the computer, man. Gimme the benefit of the doubt at least.

Somebody come to my rescue for crying out loud.

"One plus" Gs-- though entirely correct from a technical standpoint-- has somehow garnered me notoriety on the level of...... well on the level of a few people I can think of on this board.

I heard him check in with tower just outside Willt for 27L. He said that he'll have a long roll out and won't be able to go anywhere once he turns off. Emergency equipment was standing by.

SiuDude said:
I heard him check in with tower just outside Willt for 27L. He said that he'll have a long roll out and won't be able to go anywhere once he turns off. Emergency equipment was standing by.
Did he have an automobile stuck under his nose?

9GClub said:
It feels like a little more than sitting at your computer and a little less than a 60deg coordinated turn.

Thats strange. I have almost 8000 hours and I dont seem to remember pulling 1+G's on takeoff which "influenced perception and induced acute physiological distortion."

Maybe I am doing something wrong.

Hey 9GClub with all your 40 hours of experience flying the heavy iron such as a C-152 and a BE-35 can you help me out?

Should I be more aggressive when pitching to V2?

Dangerkitty said:
Should I be more aggressive when pitching to V2?

Not unless you wanna bend it. =)

I've apparently posted some noteworthy stuff on this board, but I don't ever recall claiming to be holier than thou. We green flyers respect you 564,000-hour PIC jet time guys, and most of the time we're just trying to learn.

Be nice.

Back to the topic at hand, according to the AP:

Southwest jet makes emergency landing
Bird sucked into jet engine

December 29, 2005 - A Southwest Airlines jet was forced to make an emergency landing at O'Hare Airport after colliding with a bird during takeoff from Midway.

Flight 111 was on its way to Philadelphia when a bird was apparently sucked into one of the 737's engines, causing it to shut down. Southwest officials say they decided to send the plane to O'Hare because it was a full flight and needed a longer runway.

The plane landed without incident. No one was hurt. A second Southwest Airlines jet was sent to O'Hare to take the stranded passengers on to Philadelphia.

9GClub said:
Not unless you wanna bend it. =)

I've apparently posted some noteworthy stuff on this board, but I don't ever recall claiming to be holier than thou. We green flyers respect you 564,000-hour PIC jet time guys, and most of the time we're just trying to learn.

Be nice.

Tell you what. You stop making fun of accidents and aircraft that were involved with a child losing his life and I will stop making fun of the probably one statement that you have made on flightinfo. Deal?

Dangerkitty said:
Tell you what. You stop making fun of accidents and aircraft that were involved with a child losing his life and I will stop making fun of the. . . . statement that you have made on flightinfo. Deal?

Deal, I apologize for my tastelessness.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back