Swa Feb 3rd Class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RJDRIVER

:D Well its for real!!!! Just got the call from the CP for the Feb 3rd class.Yeeeee Hawwww.Feels GREAT to stand on solid ground again! Good luck and Godspeed to all fellow poolies!!!!!

:) I just got the CP call too. See you on 3 Feb!!!

Now if they can just keep going and get this pool drained!

Finally!!!!!!!!!!

Just got off the phone with one of the CP's. It's finally official!
See you all February 3rd.

Have fun!

in DAL... can't wait to follow you guys & girls to class..... keep it going SWA!!!!!:D :cool: :D :cool:

Tred

CP Called

Me too!!!! "Welcome to SWA, we're so happy to have you."

Pass me the kool-aid please...

Got the call froom CP out of PHX on monday. Im on my way too. Hey..... question. Friend of mine who went through said if he had anything to do differently, he would have driven. I dont have that far to go but....

Any thoughts or is transpo from hotel to ops etc, late night sims, not a player?

Cheers and first round is on me

Rickinphx

Rick,

Having a car is a "nice to have," no question about it, but probably not essential. You'll be in a different hotel than anybody from previous classes (except January), but the Renaissance has a good reputation, so I'd assume that they won't have any problems with transportation either, just like the others didn't. Everybody rides in a van or two in the morning to class & in the afternoon back from class (even guys with cars, frequently). For the sims, you & your partner arrange for the van out, & then call when you're ready to be picked up. Lunch during the day is at the GO, so no problem there.

The time when having a car becomes a good thing is in the evenings & on weekends if you feel like getting out for a while. At least a few people in your class will have cars in Dallas, so going out with the gang to dinner isn't a big deal, but if you think you might like to go run errands or hit a mall or just go for a drive by yourself for a while, having your own wheels does come in handy.

I would concur with your buddy that having a car there, while not essential, is definitely a "nice to have" thing in training.

Snoopy

Last edited:
Truckin'

I'm driving my beater truck out from BNA. (Assuming it makes the trip) I'll have it there.

Slug

Im with you Slug. Tis only a short two day drive across west texas (ugh) to get there. AND im not sure if I can get six weeks of..er... undies in the new wheels I bought from Travelpro.
I think I will just drive too unless my beater truck has a heart attack between now and 1 Feb. Tis an extended cab so I can put a few extra pairs of socks in it :p

Life is like a piece of hard rock candy... its not for eatin...just looking through

Cheers
Rick

Hey since I mentioned it, my travel bag was always furnished by the AF (lovely greenish puke color) or bought at K Mart in the blue light special isle, so I am completely ignorant when it comes to the three or four day pairing. I got the 22 inch rollerblade wheel gismo called Flightpro2 from Travelpro. Was on sale at macys for a couple of c notes. SWA captain said dont skimp on em.. Any one got a review on it. I figure its gonna be used and abused quite a bit in the near future.... Lifetime warranty and I can still return it so...

Rick,

With a few days of arriving there will be presentations from several folks on different type of rollerbags & flight bags to choose from. I have one like you described & a PrettyNetStuff roller bag that is industrial duty. It will cost you some money (as will a lot of things initially, uniforms, leather jackets, etc.) but it will be back to you in time for your first trip. Things will come together when you show up in DAL for the training. Hope to see you at the new hire party. Good luck & drive carefully.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back