SWA f/o arrested for intoxication

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TSA
I was listening to Boortz this morning. A commercial airline pilot called in. He said TSA stands for Too Stupid for Arby's.

Boortz then related a story about a DEA agent who a couple of years ago declared to TSA that he was a federal agent and he was bringing his gun on board his flight. TSA correctly allowed the agent to keep the handgun. However, they confiscated his nail clippers.

Not sure about nail clippers, but shortly after 9/11 they actually took my little hotel sewing kit. And no, I am not kidding:(

LJ-ABX said:
Nice story but nail clippers have never been banned.

They have torn the little "knife" that comes with the nail clippers. They are still stupid for doing it...

The TSA was not created immediately after 9/11, it took some time for them to be formed and for them to take over the screening. There was a period immediately after 9/11, but before the TSA had been formed, where nail files were prohibited. Nail clippers which built-in nail files had to be left behind or have the nail file portion broken off. The ban on nail files was lifted rather quickly BEFORE the TSA took over.

Nail clippers themselves have never been banned. In fact, they have been specifically ALLOWED on the TSA permitted/prohibited items lists for as long as the list has been in existence.

I cant believe that i wasted my time reading this thread. First they stoped him on the walkaround, made a big deal out of it. its rumored that one of the TSA guys is trying to make a name for himself. Made him blow twice, because he was below the limit. they never should of thrown him in jail. and SWA is 110% behind the guy. dont jump to conculsions unless you know the whole story.

OrionFE said:
Chances are you won't be in tip top shape for that V1 engine failure today.
Like it's that hard to rest a foot on a rudder pedal and fly a v-speed in a straight line until 1,500 feet.

Latest resources

Back