• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Swa ....etops

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just Southwest, Jetblue, US Airways. I have never seen a Delta or United/Continental in any of the hangers down there.

Delta does 737 work for the military in Atlanta, doubt they would be shipping their own jets south and working on others for profit.....

Delta does 737 work for the military in Atlanta, doubt they would be shipping their own jets south and working on others for profit.....

Don't use that reasoning...

From a CEO's point of view... "You mean we can send our airplanes 2 hours away and get the mx done for .20 cents on the dollar and WE can do the military's work for them and make 5x what it's worth, where do we sign up?"

KBB

Just Southwest, Jetblue, US Airways. I have never seen a Delta or United/Continental in any of the hangers down there.
So you agree that the Delta and UCAL mechanic unions have stronger scope langauge than their pilot counterparts as they outsource about 50% of their work?

SWA mechanic unions sold out their young giving these lines of maintenance away, and it will be a long road for them to ever hope of getting them back.

So you agree that the Delta and UCAL mechanic unions have stronger scope langauge than their pilot counterparts as they outsource about 50% of their work?

SWA mechanic unions sold out their young giving these lines of maintenance away, and it will be a long road for them to ever hope of getting them back.

ie. - Never.

Talking to some of the F/O's, I get the feeling that's what the Pilot group did in October of 2011, NO?

Also, SW has outsourced a majority of their maintenance for many, many years. I believe it's somewhere around 75% if I'm not mistaken. We fought tooth and nail to not have Aeromon, in the picture. But in the end, this is a huge factor why that CASM is where it is, which helps support those cabbage rolls you and I get.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, maintenance and dispatch are the only ones that said, hell no to this SI vote.

Latest resources

Back