SWA engine problems in Islip??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ILOVEBEER

One of our guys was in ISP this morning and said that a departing Southwest flight flew over his head and one of the engines sounded like it was compressor stalling and flames were coming out of it. The aircraft leveled off and appeared to be turning back for the airport before he went into the clouds. He tried to get it on video but it was raining very hard and his camera wouldn't focus.

Has anyone heard anything?

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/suffolk/ny-liswest0712625361apr06,0,7217133.story

A Southwest Airlines flight carrying at least 132 passengers and crew was forced to make an emergency return to Long Island-MacArthur Airport about a half-hour after takeoff Monday with just one of its two engines operating, an airline spokeswoman told Newsday.

Flight 195, which departed MacArthur at about 9:50 a.m. bound for Fort Myers, Fla., returned to the airport at 10:22 a.m. after "an issue with one of our engines," Southwest spokeswoman Whitney Eichinger said Monday.

She said there were no injuries aboard the jet.

"Everyone's safe," she said.

Remember, we get paid for what we might have to do not just for what we actually do. Nice job everyone!

That's why I don't fly AMs. Nothing good comes out of them.

Whata you say? (sorry, I couldn't resist) Anyway, 9:50 am? Heck, that's almost 10am, morning's most gone!

Then again, I hate playing golf early in the morning. Too soon for that much aggravation...

Latest resources

Back