SWA engine problems in Islip??

ILOVEBEER

Total Time
One of our guys was in ISP this morning and said that a departing Southwest flight flew over his head and one of the engines sounded like it was compressor stalling and flames were coming out of it. The aircraft leveled off and appeared to be turning back for the airport before he went into the clouds. He tried to get it on video but it was raining very hard and his camera wouldn't focus.

Has anyone heard anything?

Av8tor

Total Time
12K+
http://www.newsday.com/news/local/suffolk/ny-liswest0712625361apr06,0,7217133.story

A Southwest Airlines flight carrying at least 132 passengers and crew was forced to make an emergency return to Long Island-MacArthur Airport about a half-hour after takeoff Monday with just one of its two engines operating, an airline spokeswoman told Newsday.

Flight 195, which departed MacArthur at about 9:50 a.m. bound for Fort Myers, Fla., returned to the airport at 10:22 a.m. after "an issue with one of our engines," Southwest spokeswoman Whitney Eichinger said Monday.

She said there were no injuries aboard the jet.

"Everyone's safe," she said.

msmb

Total Time
Remember, we get paid for what we might have to do not just for what we actually do. Nice job everyone!

Stifler's Mom

MILF...MILF...MILF
Total Time
Compressor stalls???? Or possibly the Rapping Flight Attendant "Beat-Boxing" during takeoff????

Whataburger

Total Time
40teen
That's why I don't fly AMs. Nothing good comes out of them.

Amish RakeFight

Registered Loser
Total Time
Rizzuto said the pilot declared an emergency - and then flew for 10 to 15 minutes to burn off excess fuel.
I hate to see all that cheap fuel go to waste.

Colonel Savage

Southern style...
Total Time
NoTime
That's why I don't fly AMs. Nothing good comes out of them.
Whata you say? (sorry, I couldn't resist) Anyway, 9:50 am? Heck, that's almost 10am, morning's most gone!

Then again, I hate playing golf early in the morning. Too soon for that much aggravation...

RedDogC130

Total Time
enough
Just wait for the TA to pass and those guys will not get paid for that part of the flight....Vote NO

Whataburger

Total Time
40teen
Whata you say? (sorry, I couldn't resist) Anyway, 9:50 am? Heck, that's almost 10am, morning's most gone!

Then again, I hate playing golf early in the morning. Too soon for that much aggravation...
Good one.

If you wake up early, say 9am, you'll get tired around 10pm. If you go to sleep around 10:30, the night is but a fetus. The evening's gone! I play golf in the heat of the day, get twilight rates, and rent a cart to carry the cooler.

Quimby

Total Time
matter
Good one.

If you wake up early, say 9am, you'll get tired around 10pm. If you go to sleep around 10:30, the night is but a fetus. The evening's gone! I play golf in the heat of the day, get twilight rates, and rent a cart to carry the cooler.
golf + beer = winning combo :beer:

Whine Lover

Total Time
12000+
"The Night is But a Fetus." - Whataburger

Dang! That's good!

I'm stealin' that for my next Country Guitar Tune...

" Oh the night is but a Fetus
I see yo' Daddy Cletus

Levelin' his shotgun
at the porch swing

Like an embryonic Mofo
I think it's time that I go

Though the night is but a Fetus
my Dar-ling "

Hillbilly YKMKR

Last edited:

Colonel Savage

Southern style...
Total Time
NoTime
Good one.

You've taken a page out of my book, WB. But do you play that late in Texas in the summer?