• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA emergency in PHX Monday @ 10:20

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fox and CNN were not there with their cameras yesterday. I assume the SWA jet had a hydraulic failure that resulted in loss of NWS and needed a tow to the gate afer landing. Seemed like another example of why we do not get paid enough which was treated like another day at the office by the crew and fire dept. Anyone know what happened?

Same thing happened to me in EWR a couple weeks ago in a 320. I think we closed 4L for at least :30 mins.

Sorry guys (Dual BSCU Failure)

PSL,
Relax my man. If you think I am incorrect in assuming that we do not get paid enough for what we do for a living then you clearly have not seen the AWA pay scales. You might think you get paid enough but, if you do, then I think you undervalue your skills. My only assumption to the cause was that it was hydraulic related. Since I do not like to assume I thought I would ask the question and get the actual truth. Please feel free to re-read my original post. My point was that to the crew and the fire crew this emergency was just another day at the office. IE, handled like professionals. You can check out my other posts as well and you will find I do not bash on any other airline. If you know the nature of the emergency and it is of a positive nature I would like to hear what happened.

No I am not a 60+ year old captain ... I am a captain who staunchly supports the FOs efforts to amend the payscales to reflect their increased upgrade times.

I am not upset or otherwise irritated ... I have many faults; but emotional v logical responses are not one of them.

I made a factual statement ... your assumptions are incorrect ... they are. I have first hand knowledge of the event from the person who signed for the aircraft.

I made no representation that you or anyone else was not worthy of the compensation you received; someone made that emotional leap. I have been in FAR121 OPS for over 20+ yrs so I understand with perfect clarity how far our profession has fallen in terms of compensation and quality of life.

I said ... the crew acted IAW with the FOM/QRH and in a most professional manner.

In deference to the crew, I will wait until the board of inquiry is complete before I share what happened but what I can tell you is the situation would make a 'great' LOFT scenario for upgrading captains.

I took no offense to your post and unfortunately for me; my economy of words in my first post was taken as a terse reply. For that; my apologies.

forgive the lowly dispatcher....

PHX to standiford flight returned due to wheel well fire indication that was false. Overweight landing. Hot brakes. Towed to gate. All safe.

you may now resume your arguing.

PHX to standiford flight returned due to wheel well fire indication that was false. Overweight landing. Hot brakes. Towed to gate. All safe.

But, why can't we turn this into something bigger than it was? You know, like the media does.

Hey DX, pls check your pm's.... thx!

But, why can't we turn this into something bigger than it was? You know, like the media does.

Good point PDTPROP,

I guess the shows over....

Thanks DX!

Same thing happened to me in EWR a couple weeks ago in a 320. I think we closed 4L for at least :30 mins.

Sorry guys (Dual BSCU Failure)

Off topic, but just something I've forgot to ask. What is going on an A320, I'm assuming hydraulic, usually just prior to pushback?

It sounds like a fat woman walking in corduroy pants.

Off topic, but just something I've forgot to ask. What is going on an A320, I'm assuming hydraulic, usually just prior to pushback?

It sounds like a fat woman walking in corduroy pants.

I'm not a fifi driver (no disrespect intended) but I assume thats some kind of a hyd pump maintaining pressure..... Are we close? One of you airbus guys plz. set us straight cause i've wondered about it too....
Thx in advance.

Latest resources

Back