SWA emergency in PHX Monday @ 10:20

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
forgive the lowly dispatcher....

PHX to standiford flight returned due to wheel well fire indication that was false. Overweight landing. Hot brakes. Towed to gate. All safe.

you may now resume your arguing.
You can always count on the lowly dispatcher to provide the "needed deets"...

You can always count on the lowly dispatcher to provide the "needed deets"...

For what it's worth the dispatcher is not so lowly.....

I've had one save me some embarrassment on several accounts...

I know it's just his description....

For the record DXJake is a very stand up guy!
(as are 99% at his company)
Just my sincere $ .02 worth......
Z.

PSL aka Spock... ;) jesus brother- relax a bit

For what it's worth the dispatcher is not so lowly.....

I've had one save me some embarrassment on several accounts...

I know it's just his description....

For the record DXJake is a very stand up guy!
(as are 99% at his company)
Just my sincere $ .02 worth......
Z.
I was just re-using his description as a segue to throw the ol' "need the deets" gag in there. No disrespect was intended towards one of my fellow DXers.

DXJake and the rest of those guys at WN are as good as good as they come...and someday I hope to get to go back home to Dallas to join their ranks (Was that enough arse-kissing, WN hiring folks?). Our office just lost of one of our best to them...

Waveflyer ...

For some reason I have failed to convince you I am not upset ... I'll just let it go.

I like the Spock comment ... Unfortunately my ears are just as large as Leonard's character without the ... well ... character of his stage ears.

Now that one our esteemed dispatchers has piped in and offered what happened ... I will tell you what made the scenario a great 'loft upgrade' item.

The wheel well fire warning (an AC powered item) continued to alert ... repeatedly ... and after the silence push switch was pushed.

For those of you who have flown the 737 ... it simply 'ain't' supposed to do that under normal alert conditions.

The QRH guidance has a simple memory item ...

A/S 270 / .82 Mach Max ----- Gear Down
Land at Nearest Suitable Airport

This is where it gets fun because the guidance has you emergency evac the airplane.

So ... do you push out infirmed/elderly or otherwise mobility challenge people down the slides even after the fire chief tells you there is NO FIRE ... No smoke ... No evidence there was a fire.

You decide ...

That's why I thought it made an excellent scenario to discuss during debrief ...

Do what ever ya want with the old/pregnant/young and disabled, but BY GOD make damn sure you have a FA in the aft galley, mid, and expecially in the front galley to tell people buh-by. Furthermore, make sure there is one pilot in the cockpit and one in the footprint of the plane. If ya dont believe me, check the last 27 FOM revisions. :)

Latest resources

Back