SWA drops other shoe?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
<Sigh>

None of this would have happened if we had just bought those Embraers when Lowecur told us to a couple of years back...

Seems to be Southwest season lately with the investment types... They seem to be hangin on every word said by Gary Kelly.

Reminds me of the questions they throw at professional athletes (some very smart people) asking the same question several times until they get the response they are looking for, then they run with it - full page article. Welcome to the spin zone. Bobby Knight is great at fighting this style of reporting.

lowecur,
Why did you change his quote from "you tool" to "you drill"?
Cuz I'm the dentist...and I hit a nerve.

:pimp:​

Has anyone noticed that SWA is currently negotiating a pilot contract? No....since when? I wonder how the head shed could get the pilots to lower their expectations? Won't happen...too many transfers from the legacys that know how to stick it to mgt.

BTW I'm not saying there is no way we will slow growth, everything is on the table. GK is discussing this with the same language he describes going international and assigned seats. Stagnation would stink, but we could handle it better than any other LCC.
Yeah, I'll bet a correction of 50% in the stock price would make you guys whoop for joy.

:pimp:​

None of this would have happened if we had just bought those Embraers when Lowecur told us to a couple of years back...
Heh, heh!:laugh: :laugh:

Ways to get back to being a dominant carrier:
  • Buy the 175.....and SWA would feel free to compete in the smaller markets and be profitable again on routes other than TX & left coast. Sell off the rest of the 733s.
  • Take the pilot rates down 20%
  • Take the FA pay down 20%
  • Oh hell, take all employees down 20%
  • go assigned seating
This would take the company back 10 years or so, but it would also produce a carrier that could again compete on price in lieu of future's contracts. Will it happen?......just ask the goat in the AFLAC commercial.....Naaaaaaaa!

:pimp:

Our CASM minus fuel is a full cent lower than every legacy and most LCC's out there.

If we pay the same money for gas than you do we still beat you by a penny. I'd worry about your own house.

Gup

Heh, heh!:laugh: :laugh:

Ways to get back to being a dominant carrier:
  • Buy the 175.....and SWA would feel free to compete in the smaller markets and be profitable again on routes other than TX & left coast. Sell off the rest of the 733s.
  • Take the pilot rates down 20%
  • Take the FA pay down 20%
  • Oh hell, take all employees down 20%
  • go assigned seating
This would take the company back 10 years or so, but it would also produce a carrier that could again compete on price in lieu of future's contracts. Will it happen?......just ask the goat in the AFLAC commercial.....Naaaaaaaa!

:pimp:

That's why you spend your time on FI.com and don't run (ruin) an airline... Keep rubbing that crystal ball (if that's what you call it...).

Latest resources

Back