• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

qxeplt

wn757.jpg

It looks good.

Awesome!

Will Southwest ever add a bigger airplane? They jam those 737's full, and I bet they could fill up a 757 the same way. The downside (and a VERY BIG downside) is the turns would take longer.

Oh yeah, that is a fantastic picture.

SWA 757's

They've studies the idea in the past, but apparently the numbers just don't quite come out to make it a good enough plan. If you can ALWAYS get the good load factors on the 757, it makes lots of $ for you; the problem is that there aren't the markets out there where the LF's are ALWAYS good enough to keep the jets more profitable than the 737's.

Having talked to one of the "old heads" who was part of the team that looked at it, I'm here to tell ya that SWA didn't reject the idea of 757's in Canyon Blue out of hand; the math just didn't quite support it. (Much like they aren't rejecting RJ's out of hand... they're looking at the math, but that's a far cry from claiming that the numbers will support actually buying the smaller jets.)

Very cool photos. Definitely worth reading the website about how he creates the images.

Snoopy

Snoopy,

Song 757s do fairly well on the North--South routes on the east Coast---and will do even better when it gets cold. With 199 seats total---it can provide good transport. We shall see how Song does when all of the planes arrive by the end of the year, and the TV video units are installed too.

Bye Bye--General Lee:cool: :rolleyes:

I remember hearing this rumor about 5 years ago. Everyone on line was freaking out because it was rumored a 7-5 was parked over at the MX hanger in DAL. Jeez, it never ends!

Latest resources

Back