• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA down the road - RJs?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Southwest is great at flight frequency which really helps with their business customers. If they use RJs they will only help their cause by increasing the numbers of departures a day.

I may be wrong (so please correct me if I am) but if the idea is to get into more accessable airports, would something like a CRJ be efficient? I used to work with UAX and flew on it many times and as I recall, it ate up a ton of runway. I don't know much about the ERJ, though i think it has a shorter takeoff roll (on average). It seems that if any RJ would allow more "access" it would be the BAE 146. But like I said, I could be wrong.

Let me pose a question or two. How similiar are the -200 through the -700 models? Enough to require training in only one type and you're good to go on the others? I know the panels are different, but what else?

I fly out of a field(KLBB) serviced by SWA, AE, COEX, and ASA?(Candler). Southwest's runway of choice is 8000'(RWY26). They routinely use the exit 7500' down(M), whereas the others(ERJs, CRJs) use the hi-speed approx. 6000' down(R). And, more than a few occasions, I have seen Southwest have to exit 26 on RWY17R/35L. I might be wrong on this, but didn't they have to increase their(B737) approach speeds because of the rudder problems that weren't really happening?

Here's another one:if Boeing continues to grow the 737, won't it soon be a 757/767?

737 Variants

I was talking to an ATA cpatain and he said the 732 and 737-700 are the same when looking at the overhead panel, but totally different when looking at the instrument panel.

He said Boeing tried to redesign the overhead switches, but the FAA said that if they did, then they would have to have new licende requirements for 737-700 pilots. So in the end Boeing kept the 732 overhead for fleet commonality sake.

Latest resources

Back