• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA DEN base???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
With all the expansion in DEN, has there been any discusion of a crew domicile there?

There was talk on one of the F6 BK threads, but someone reported another base needed pilots first. MCO I believe. Also, not enough "mass" in DEN yet.

With all the expansion in DEN, has there been any discusion of a crew domicile there?

Considerable. I think that it is not a question of if, but when. F9's untimely demise could make it happen sooner, but it will happen eventually.

Considerable. I think that it is not a question of if, but when. F9's untimely demise could make it happen sooner, but it will happen eventually.

Is Frontier not operating? When did they shut down? This kind of statement is exactly what is making the SWA group the most despised in the industry at this time. No class.

Hey USMC319.
The previous post was only adding insight. I can assure you that nonone at SWA wishes for Frontier's demise. Many of us have frineds and family over there so just relax with your comments.... k bro?

MOCO...I must stand by USMC's statements...especially when we have jumpseaters flying for SWA who come onboard and are gloating about how they are going to buy F9 and sell off the assets putting us out on the street, just for your(or their) new "base." Yes it has happened. I know a few of us are keeping track of names, and i am sure we all know what that list will be used for.

I won't even go into the whole "bro" thing either...:rolleyes:

F9s demise is not of LUVs doing. Blame the oil companies.

Actually, the responsibility of our demise rest squarely on the shoulders of the "leaders" of F9 from 2004-Sept 2007. So many unbelievable mistakes were made during that time that oil and financial covenants were the final straws that broke "the whole different animal's back".

Start LAX, Stop LAX. Start MEM, Stop MEM. Start LAX again, Stop LAX again. Start O&D mexico outside of DEN, stop O&D mexico outside of DEN. Agree to a feed contract with a CASM of more than 16, while the same contract guarantees a RASM of less than 9! Piss away $20 million to start a new operating certificate. Circle your wagons at one of the most expensive airports in the country to operate, with intense competition from an airline that is filling its planes with $55 a barrel oil while you have to spend $115. We didn't have enought liquidity to hedge effectively, however they finally started some crack-spread dirivitives that were in the money, only they were effectively cancelled with the bk filing.

F9 was shot between the eyes by First DATA, but we effectively tatooed a bullseye on our own head and handed them a loaded gun.

On a seperate note, while there definitely are some immature d1ck heads at every carrier including southwest, the swa pilots had about as much influence on our demise as our own seniority list. None. They just show up, fly around and then go home, just like us. When swa management announced denver as a new city, should the southwest pilots expressed their outrage and refused to fly because the goat rope operation with the fuzzy animals can't survive the compitition?

Actually, the responsibility of our demise rest squarely on the shoulders of the "leaders" of F9 from 2004-Sept 2007. So many unbelievable mistakes were made during that time that oil and financial covenants were the final straws that broke "the whole different animal's back".

Start LAX, Stop LAX. Start MEM, Stop MEM. Start LAX again, Stop LAX again. Start O&D mexico outside of DEN, stop O&D mexico outside of DEN. Agree to a feed contract with a CASM of more than 16, while the same contract guarantees a RASM of less than 9! Piss away $20 million to start a new operating certificate. Circle your wagons at one of the most expensive airports in the country to operate, with intense competition from an airline that is filling its planes with $55 a barrel oil while you have to spend $115. We didn't have enought liquidity to hedge effectively, however they finally started some crack-spread dirivitives that were in the money, only they were effectively cancelled with the bk filing.

F9 was shot between the eyes by First DATA, but we effectively tatooed a bullseye on our own head and handed them a loaded gun.

On a seperate note, while there definitely are some immature d1ck heads at every carrier including southwest, the swa pilots had about as much influence on our demise as our own seniority list. None. They just show up, fly around and then go home, just like us. When swa management announced denver as a new city, should the southwest pilots expressed their outrage and refused to fly because the goat rope operation with the fuzzy animals can't survive the compitition?
At last an unblinkered view of reality.

Is Frontier not operating? When did they shut down? This kind of statement is exactly what is making the SWA group the most despised in the industry at this time. No class.
Who says the SWA pilots are "despised?"

Weren't you the fool that was crowing about how much cash Frontier had on hand--the week before the bankruptcy!?

Latest resources

Back