• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Dec decision board?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Southwest is not impressing me as the days continue. I interviewed there is Nov and am still waiting. I interviewed at CAL and found out the same day that I got the job.

What is there to think about SWA??? Either you like me or you don't, period.

So they take a plane off the end and that affects the decision board about pilot hiring, obviously the head bone is connected to the hip bone for these people.

I never thought I would say this, but lost ALL of my interest in SWA. Good luck to them, but I won't be a part, regardless of what they say.

What is the big hype, they are going to start losing money next year anyway. 5 years ago a job at SWA was not that big of a deal.

SFR said:
What is the big hype, they are going to start losing money next year anyway. 5 years ago a job at SWA was not that big of a deal.

I guess in your world, thousands and thousands of stock options aren't a big deal. I guess in your world, making money isn't a big deal.
You're the guy who gets blown off by the smart, hot chick in the bar and says to himself, "She'll be fat in 40 years." Meanwhile, you end up marrying the fat chick in the corner when she grabs your schnutz and yells, "My name's Tanqueraaay. Let's do some Yaaaaayygeeeerrrmaaayystuuurrrrrr, flyyybooyyyeeeeee."

SFR said:
Southwest is not impressing me as the days continue. I interviewed there is Nov and am still waiting. I interviewed at CAL and found out the same day that I got the job.
Congrats on your new job!

So they take a plane off the end and that affects the decision board about pilot hiring, obviously the head bone is connected to the hip bone for these people.

I'm going to go out on a limb here, but I'm thinking you didn't do much research into SWA to understand the hiring process. The DB is comprised of the domicile chief pilots, the Flight Ops VP, and the PD VP. If you have a fatal accident a few days before the DB, you can sure bet that those people will be VERY busy attending to details regarding the accident. Yes, it is no fun for those waiting to hear whether, or not, they are going to get hired, BUT that is peanuts considering what the company is going through right now. You may consider that a knee jerk reaction, but to me it shows a reasoned and mature prioritization of resources in a time of need. I pray your reaction to this is because you've never been around an organization that has had to react to a fatal accident. Unfortunately, I've been around too much of it in my aviation career.

I wish you good luck in which ever road you choose to follow.

At the end of 2004, they did not have a Dec DB. I interviewed in Nov, and didn't find out until January 05. Busy during the holidays? Relax, SFR.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back