Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

atp160

Hello All,
Just interviewed last week, what an experience. Does anyone know when the DB might be? Has anyone every been hired if their references haven't been called? I haven't heard of anyone. All the people that have been hired had their references called. I didn't think it would be hard waiting since I waited so long for an interview but it's killing me. Happy holidays.

Yes, references get called on everyone who "passed" the interview. HOWEVER, realize that it's a small number of people who do the calling, that they're probably pretty busy right now, AND they're probably taking a couple of days off to spend the holidays with family. Besides, with most references being reached at work, this wouldn't be the most productive time of year to try to reach people.

So, even though it's a major bear being in limbo like this (I remember the agony, then wanting to deck the knucklehead whom I'd seen every day since the interview who, a week later, tells me "oh, yeah, I talked with them a few days ago..." -- KNUCKLEHEAD!), please don't worry too much about the absence of any words yet. I'd figure at least a week into the new year before reading anything into it. Have a great Christmas -- with a little luck, it may be your last one at home for a couple years!

Cheers!

I interviewed last week as well, and five of my references have been contacted, four LOR and my chief pilot. All were called on Monday. Strange thing is that they didn't call ALL my refs. They left out two of the guys that wrote me letters. Their letters were rather tertiary (i.e. not SWA employees or company checkairmen, etc.) so they may have been passed over to speed up the process, I suppose.

Funny thing about the guys who did get calls though. Only ONE out of the five actually called me to let me know they'd been contacted. The other four I had to bird-dog to let me know. Might you be in that situation where a lot of your refs HAVE been called, but none have bothered to call you to let you know? I hope that's the case!

Never-the-less, good luck to you!! If you're half as stressed out about this right now as I am, you're hair is falling out! Lucky for me I'm almost bald as it is.

P.S. What day last week did you interview?

P.P.S. I heard Jan 11 for the DB. Speculative, of course.

Last edited:
Just to put 160's mind at easy, here...

Before it's all over, I'd bet a beer in Dallas that ALL of Captain Ducttape's :))) references will have been called... the five that were called may have been at the top of one guy's stack, while the other two may be at the bottom of a different person's stack, perhaps along with 160's references. As much as we all want to KNOW SOMETHING about what's going on, please realize that patience is required here, and don't get too depressed reading the tea leaves at such an early stage. Guys who haven't been contacted yet may have just been out of the office when the call came in, who knows? They'll try again.

Best Christmas wishes,

Snoopy

FWIW... I was hired and none of my refs were contacted and I know of others that had the same experience. Its not over til the fat lady drops off the letter.

Good luck.

I interviewed on december 9, and they called 3 of my 6 lors that I know of. Everyone says this means you passed the interview, HOWEVER, you still have to get past the DB and other checks......sooooooo i am trying not to go crazy and jump out of the window just yet.

It was truly a great time doing the interview at Southwest. It had to be the nicest and most LUVing people that I have dealt with in aviation.

Untill Jan 11 (i hope) good luck to all and I hope my lucky fortune cookie still has a little bit of LUV left in it.

Good Luck to all and Merry Christmas
Capn Butthead

Captain Brazilia,

I interviewed on Thursday the 16th. I'm hoping as someone has mentioned that the People Department is taking sometime off for the holidays.

CaptainBrazilia said:
I interviewed last week as well, and five of my references have been contacted, four LOR and my chief pilot. All were called on Monday. Strange thing is that they didn't call ALL my refs. They left out two of the guys that wrote me letters. Their letters were rather tertiary (i.e. not SWA employees or company checkairmen, etc.) so they may have been passed over to speed up the process, I suppose.

Funny thing about the guys who did get calls though. Only ONE out of the five actually called me to let me know they'd been contacted. The other four I had to bird-dog to let me know. Might you be in that situation where a lot of your refs HAVE been called, but none have bothered to call you to let you know? I hope that's the case!
Identical story here... I only had SWA LORs called plus my chief pilot, none of the non-SWA LORs were called. Also EVERYONE on my LOR list who got called failed to "let me know" so I sweated a bit. And yes... I got in the pool, so it sounds like your experience is good and on the right track. Good luck!

Interviewed on Tue, 14 Dec. Some guys in my group had contacts called the next day, mine were called the next Mon. Think the holidays and the fact they are interviewing so many has slowed down the process. Try to relax, you can't do a thing about it now.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back