• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Swa Dal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A few 7 to 8 month guys got it a few months back, but it seems the past few vacancy bids have all been more like 1 1/2 to 2+ years, seems like they were waiting until they could hold a line. March has 11 DAL FO vacancies, we'll just have to wait and see. If you plan on a year, you'll probably be in the ballpark give or take a few months.

UMMM Dallas has 32 open vacancies for FOs. don't know where you got your info.

Wow, I didn't look at the revised before I posted that. The initial bid showed 11.

32 DAL FOs and 35 Capts. That deserves a thread of it's own.

Never trust the first bid, there is always a revised one 7 days prior to closing and it changes dramatically 90% of the time. This one was very unusual though I will give you that.

Bake

While we're on the subject, how long to hold MDW?
~2-4 months on average...depends on how your class falls in line with the others...It is really crazy...I started first half of last year and was on reserve a total of two months....a guy in the class right after me, who has been based in all the same bases as me at the same time, just got off reserve this month.

The skinny is things are moving quickly around here and you have a great chance of getting what you want (except DAL) pretty fast.

My guess:
OAK-Right away
BWI-2-4 months
MDW-2-4 months
MCO-2-4 months
PHX-2-3 months
HOU-3-5 months
DAL-1-1.5 years

DAL is still the smallest crew base.
MDW is the biggest by far.

BTW...you may not even go to *OAK ...my class didn't...two months in PHX and back to God's Country (TEXAS)

*Disclaimer---Most newhires will go to OAK...so don't get your hopes up.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back