• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Currency Requirment for Poolies!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The way it worked for our class was the later of the type rating or interview, with some modifications to mix the class half civilian and half military. I was told this was their method.

Hey guys, dhampton and I interviewed the same day, August 6th 2001. He had the type going into the interview, I did not. I got mine at the end of October. Mr. Hampton was in a January 2002 class, I'm still swimming in the pool.

I personally don't know how they go about draining the pool but my belief is the type date that makes the big difference.

RJ (jetpltrich #24 in the pool)

Last edited:
The poolie list is right on. I've watched it for quite sometime and it seems to go in the correct order with the exception, if you have multiple people with the same type date, then the true SWA list might be ordered slightly different. Example: Look at Slug and KT. I would assume KT came first on their list.

W8N4SWA has done an impeccable job with the list. I would say he's got it down to a science...

Interiew and Type Date

Folks,

When I was up in DAL getting fingerprinted at the end of July I had this conversation with Jan. She said it has to do with type and interview date, with some discontinuities thrown in for other concerns (age, mil vs. civ, my guess). Like qxeplt I've been watching this list for quite some time and our methodology is quite good, but not exact. My .02 dollars.

Slug

Pool List

It is definately the type date that counts. I was told by JB that I would not be put on the waiting list until I got my type rating.

I think I have one of the earliest interview date out there on the pool list, July 9th, 2001. But I couldn't get my type until March 2002 (@#$ $&^% @$$!I@$* osamm @#*$&bin*@$*eat #$5987 and 0a3457890a*&#^& terrorists) And when I call and ask they don't even venture a guess when I might get trained. They always say late next year. So I know it isn't the interview that counts.

If it was the interview date and not the type, I'd be next in line if not in the last class. So it definately has to do with when you are typed (if you don't have it when you interview).

Which is why I thoughroughly enjoyed listening to those little fanatical jerks get pummelled by the gunships I just refueled a few minutes ago, as I circled over Pakistan, waiting for the USAF to release me from duty.

LiveFreeorDie,

I hear your pain. This waiting game gets tough after awhile. Hang on, man....you're going to work for Southwest Airlines!

Thanks you all for setting this pool date order straight. MLBWINGBORN reaffirmed this with me last night. The simple answer is, type rating date doesn't matter if you interview with type. Only matters when you interview without type.

Now with the union mechanics contract agreement intact....let's get the plug pulled and get out of this pool!

Mechs?

You know something we don't? Commuted from DelRio to BNA so I was out of the loop all day.

Disregard, found it in a different post.........yahoooo

Latest resources

Back