Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

tredding@swa

SWA F/O
What size overnight bag should we buy to fit in the allocated space in the -300/-500/-700??

I know that my current bag is too big, I have heard that the prices on what's offered in training are pretty pricey $$$.

Here are some TravelPro bags at a discount for SWA employees, will any of these work??

http://southwest.netbags.com/perks/...d=39&mscssid=1058BDRU482U8G0S282B9MH9BAV64VB0

Any suggestions??? Also - what about the "brain bag", what will work?? What won't!?!

Thanks in advance!

Tred

TravelPro is pretty much garbage!! I do not know anyone who has used TravelPro in the past and liked the product. Buy a TravelPro and you'll end up replacing it within 12 months... no kidding! I use the PNT bag (24") and it fits just fine inside the 300/500/700. The brain bags they sell at the school house are good albiet some are a bit pricey. Check out the two bags at www.pilotshirts.com. They will work just fine and sell for a lot less money.

One more note about TravelPro. My wife used them when she was a flight attendant, and they wouldn't honor the warranty when they found out she was an airline crew member!! Go figure... TravelPro sucks!! (did I already say that?):mad:

Thanks Righty....

I'll just wait until I see what is on sale at the school house - Glad to hear you like the TravelPro bags.... ;)
Tred

Bags

I was trying to keep expenses down when I started so I didn't go with any of the schoolhouse stuff. What I did find is working very well though.

Rollerbag: Bought it at Costco for $89. It is the Kirkland Signature Executive. It is a tough bag, not quite as good as my big "PurdyNeatStuff" bag, but durable. The telescoping handle is the only thing I feel is of slightly lessor quality. It has a lifetime warranty and fits under the jumpseat just fine. Very close to on par with the PNS bags. In fact, this is one of the most common bags used by the crews. You have to tag it with something identifiable or it will get mixed up with everyone elses bags when you get off the hotel shuttle.

Brainbag: Bought the ballistic nylon bag sold at the clothing/uniform shop between the training/sim building and HQ. Not the greatest, but easily fits everything we carry and will easily fit between the seat and the sidewall on all models. I like the fact that it is not hard leather because on the -500 it is a tight squeeze to get it in and the fact that it is malleable (sp?) is good. It was $56.02 out the door. My name and SWA logo were also stitched on for free. It took a couple of weeks for delivery.

If you've got any questions ask or PM me.

Slug

Last edited:
After 7 years my Prudy Neat Stuff bag is going strong. A Travel pro normally only lasted 2 years max, although the CrewIII Travelpro was a bit more sturdy. My 2 cents.

J3

After spending much of my childhood admiring creative damage - and still more creative repairs - done to TravelPros, I am now a 2nd generation Purdy Neat Stuff/LuggageWorks devotee.

I have the 22" Roll Aboard from TravelPro after having had one for 10 years that did relatively light corporate duty. This one is sturdy enough for the money but it doesn't fit easily under the 300/500 jumpseat. The hard plastic corner protectors on the bottom are just a hair too wide and you have to reach in behind the jumpseat to wrestle it all the way in, and out. It's fine on the 700. That's enough to keep me from buying another one.

Travel Pro on the way out...

I had to laugh when I started to read these replys because my Travel Pro is on it's dieing legs... literally. It's barely hanging in there. Miraculously it made it through 3 years of airline flying though. Wow!?

I just wanted to drag the last life out of it till I got the class date so now I'm going to check out that Kirkland bag at Costco. I've got to have something decent to take to training. My present company gets the new Travel Pros for us at around $89, so I figure the Costco bag may be a better buy at the same price.

Travel Pro

I got a new Travel Pro just before I left my last job cause the price was right. Just like a prevous post mentioned it's easy to get it stuck in a 300/500. In fact the other day it was so jammed in there I had to stick my leg down the coat hangar area and kick it out of there and that didn't seem to work very well. Then I tugged some more and still wouldn't budge. Then after a sort breather I went for another pull and I just slid out like it was in butter. Go figure. Now I cant wait till it falls apart or gets stuck in there for good so I can justify a new PNS bag so I blend in with the other 90 percent of SWA pilots. One nice thing about the Travel Pro, it's a true commuter bag I can stick 6 days worth of crap in it. Also it fits the 700s wonderfully...

Latest resources

Back