• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Corporate 737

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes, they can be easily converted back to the 777 style speed tape presentation.

I think its just a simple flip of a switch (or something like that) in the E & E compartment.

The rumor is that when the -300's leave CAL they will reset all the NG's to the speed tape presentation.

They should change them. Tape-style EFIS is so much easier. I fly both EFIS, and steam gauges, and the transition between the two is a non-event.

They should change them. Tape-style EFIS is so much easier. I fly both EFIS, and steam gauges, and the transition between the two is a non-event.

Its an FAA thing (I think).

Since our -300's are completely round dials and our 73 pilots fly all equipment types (some times in the same pairing) the old style presentation is required. The -500's have a speed tape on the ADI so I guess the FAA thinking is that's ok to go back and forth from that to full tapes but not to the pure round dials.

The tapes are nice and give more info so it will be nice if they ever swap 'em. (and nice to get rid of the -300's too) (one reason I will hate to leave the 75/76 fleet to upgrade)

But the HUD is a 'tape' presentation. An upgrade FO to Capt will see the tape for real on U.O.E. and in BUF in January. Nice.

Its an FAA thing (I think).

Since our -300's are completely round dials and our 73 pilots fly all equipment types (some times in the same pairing) the old style presentation is required. The -500's have a speed tape on the ADI so I guess the FAA thinking is that's ok to go back and forth from that to full tapes but not to the pure round dials.

The tapes are nice and give more info so it will be nice if they ever swap 'em. (and nice to get rid of the -300's too) (one reason I will hate to leave the 75/76 fleet to upgrade)

Doesn't Alaska have the standard ADI/HSI EFIS on their -400's and tapes on thier NG's?

I do agree that the PFD/ND display with the tapes makes the HGS transition much easier ( as if it was that difficult to begin with).

Latest resources

Back