SWA classes/Pool list/Rumors..Stuff..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks Mike

You just keep up the great work Mike, I am sure that most of us really appreciate all of the tid bits of info that you and many others come across. As for SWAnging..dont worry bud..its all good....all of us get frustrated sometimes over waiting for the best deal of our lives. It will happen.

Smile..it could all be MUCH worse.

To all..

I had promised myself that i wouldnt respond to this thread..
But being weak when it comes to setting the record straight I just cant do it..
Im sure its some basic flaw or need in me that just cant leave it alone..

The reasons that i post the rumors or info that i come across is fairly simple for me..

When i started out in aviation i remember being told that it was important to remember those that supported you in helping you to reach your goal..
I also remember as a young boy standing next to a high fence looking at airplines and wanting very badly touch one much less ride in one..I loved airplanes..I wanted to fly one more than anything..
Someone many years ago started me off on my dream and as i moved forward to becoming an airline pilot i never forgot what it was like to be on the other side of the fence..

So in a way i owe it to those coming up behind me the same support that was given to me..
And to those that are trying to realize the goal of becoming a pilot or perhapes an
airline pilot i feel i at the very least owe you my time and insight of what it was like for me..

As for the members of the SWA pool list..

My memory is not so short as to forget what it was like to be hired and not have any idea when i could go to class.Much less earn a much needed paycheck..
As far as im concerned you are already a part of the SWA family and should be reminded of such and treated as such in any way possible..
Those that called and provided support while I was in the pool made me feel like someone on the inside was thinking about me and knew what i was going thru..
Now that im on line i feel its important to return the support to those still in the pool and at least let them know that someone on the"inside" is thinking about them and that YES its well worth the wait..

As for the quality of the info i post..
I make every effort to find support for or confirm what i post but regardless its still nothing but highly placed rumors and should be treated as such..
But..There are people in every company that has insight into whats really going on and as i come in contact with them i make every effort to gain insight into the company i work for and how it works..Some of that insight will at times result in a post on this board..

The reason for the post is not to play head games with folks emotions..But rather to show support for those still in the pool and give them some idea of what MIGHT be going on..

And as someone has correctly pointed out the only true way to know for sure is when they hand you your ID in Dallas..

SO...Why dont we put it to a vote..All those in favor of keeping the pool list and having rumors posted say "I"..All against?

I suspect the "I"s have it..

Mike
MLBWINGBORN

New rumors

Read this on a private forum and thought I would pass it on.

"From Chief pilots (3 of them) today:

New hire class scheduled for 26 August.

Probably a new crew base early Next year.

-900 was flown by a few Checkairmen. Probably won't see -900's, fuel economy not as good a -700.

Also stated was that barring any more "events" SWA feels it has turned the corner and can start its "normal" path as far as growth, new cities, new airplanes, etc.

New airplanes from the factory to happen soon."

This was dated July 31st.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

I I I:)

Latest resources

Back