SWA class + wife having a baby

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The old Navy solution

I was told when in the same situation with a baby and a deployment coming the same time "Listen sonny, you have to there for the keel laying, but you do not have to be there for the launching" There were alot of babies born with the dad's overseas.

Last edited:
Seniority is life! My father retired from American Airlines with 45 years senority. When I was born he was on his way to Dallas for PFE school. My Dad first saw me at 6 weeks of age when he returned. If he had passed on that class date to stay home for my birth he would have never been a PFE for American and would have been in Maintenance for his whole career. The guys in the last class spent many years furloughed and many never returned when called. He was in the second to last class of PFE's at American before ALPA made the FE's panal a pilot position rather than a Mechanic position. I say again, Seniority is everything, go get the number!

Thanks everyone for the great responses. This helps to put everything in perspective. I'm sure looking forward to getting started at SWA. I would write more here, but I have to get back to studying my memory items!

Latest resources

Back