Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Checkin

Hey Guys,

I just called this morning for my check-in. When I called JB's number I got a recording telling me to call Lindsey Lang's number. JB has gotten a promotion - a position in the training dept. Congrats JB! Lindsey is handling the poolies for the time being

LL gave me the standard response to the class situaton...nothing planned, could be 2003 before we have any more classes, however this could change - we will evaluate on a monthly basis.

I asked LL (is this a superman story?) about pilot staffing per airplane and she confirmed they look at 11-12 pilots per jet.

LL said they had already hired around 200 so far, so any more classes would be the result of additional aircraft orders. She then said that SWA had said in Jan 02 they would need hire about 250 pilots for the year.

That "250" number has been widely reported and jives with our speculation on this board. 17 net aircraft gain = 204 pilots + about 50 planned pilot retirements for the year 2002.

If that is the case and there really are 50 pilot reirements for the year then SWA will need two more classes to staff the fleet.

I also asked LL about where I stood in the quque. She said they would have to have a "handful" of classes before they got to me, she then said that would be 5-6 classes, depending on class size (I'm #68 on our list).

I just checked the SWA web site and came away with 370 jets on the property by year's end. At 12 per jet that comes to 4440 pilots. Anybody have the number of pilots currently on the SWA seniority list?

Maybe we could get an idea of whether they need any more classes based on the number on the seniority list and the 4440 pilots needed to staff the 370 jets.

Well, that's my input for the month. I'm going back to drown proofing.

Seeya

priority

I believe that FIFO is the oreder that we are extracted from the pool.... However - those who interviewed WITH a type rating are given a higher priority than those who interviewed w/o the type.

A buddy of mine (Craig Thornton @ SWAPrep.com) prepped a guy last year who interviewed on Oct.23,2001(with a type). He is IN the July 15th class. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out by looking at the interview/type dates to see that he is in class before some others on the list who interviewed prior (some months before) but had no 737 type.... I think having the type before interviewing is weighted BIG in your favor.

WHO knows what "really" happens - I am STILL just happy to be tredding!!!

Regards fellow poolies! Tredding:p

Last edited:
LL

InHot,

I think Superman's girl was Lois Lang. By the way, what is LL's phone number?

:cool:

Rut roh...try one more time...it's Lois Lane...:D

Last edited:
Numbers

I talked to a friend who is in the July 15th class, and the day that they had breakfast with Colleen, they were told that the total number in the pool is 361. First "official" number that I have heard.

I talked to LL the other day as well for my monthly check-up. She passed along the same info. as was mentioned in previous posts. She said that I was about 8 to 9 classes away (I'm #72 on our latest list). Yikes! :eek:

Re: LL

SentryIP said:
InHot,

I think Superman's girl was Lois Lang. By the way, what is LL's phone number?
:cool:
Lindsey lang 214 792-5446. Lois Lane!!! - and every women in Superman's life has the initials LL. Guess I'm showing my age!

stands to reason...

LL, Superman.... I see the connection here,

poor Lindsey has 100s of "Supermen" (ok, ok AND "Superwomen") who she must deal with!:D

Tough job, being a lifeguard for such a FULL pool!?!?! Good luck Lindsey, nice to have you back on duty!!;)

Regards - Tredding

The current SWAPA list has 4092 pilots.

Mike
MLBWINGBORN

Latest resources

Back