SWA Calls or Letters?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BID:

"with the exception of Air Force" -- is that so? Well, 3 of the 3 Air Force guys I know that interviewed this time, including myself, got the 'no thanks' letter. Your assumption is wrong.

Sorry you didn't get the nod Octane, bad joke. ... Several of my friends at SWA refer to SWA as the aux air force. But we all know that having a military background is no guarantee of a job. In fact, a couple of guys in my CAL class had military backgrounds and were also turned down by SWA. anyway, good luck to ya.

next db ?

A friend of mine interviewed back in april......No word.... no call, no letter, nothing......He thinks maybe they didnt get to his stuff. When is next decision board? Great guy, wish him the best....he said that there were 5 others with him. 3 mil 3 civ. all 3 mil got the call, 2 of the 3 civ got the letter, he got nothing. Any thoughts?

SWA does have a preference to the military, but not as bad as FedEx or Delta. My buddy interviewed at SWA a couple years ago, there were 6 military, and 6 non military interviewees. All non-military had infinitely more time and experience, but when the calls went out, all 6 military got hired and not one of the non-military were hired. Once you get military guys on the interview board, it becomes a boys club where they won't hire anyone else.

Last time someone asked we were told its 50/50 so no preference for the Mil. I am civilian and my class was split down the middle.

BID:

"with the exception of Air Force" -- is that so? Well, 3 of the 3 Air Force guys I know that interviewed this time, including myself, got the 'no thanks' letter. Your assumption is wrong.

Only 2 of 10 SUPT IPs that I work with who applied got called for interviews.

24 in my class at SWA. 3 retired military and 2 reservists. All the rest civilian. Classes surrounding mine same story. Can we all get off the civ-mil thing...it's pretty stupid either way you look at it.

I got hired second time around. I had the type, strong internal and external recs and references called first time, but got a letter. Re-applied at 1 year (to the day) and got it second time around. Congrats to those who got the call. For those that got the email, keep pressing, all indicators are that the odds are better the second-go-'round. Best of luck.

Sorry to hear PD has gone to email vice the personalized letter to deliver the bad news. With as much printing as this company does, you'd think that they could spare a stamp for faithful applicants.

referencing Luckie13: How many guys got an interview call w/o having the type? One step further, how many got a job offer w/o the type?

For the guys that got the letters, I feel for you! I disagree with the statement that once you get the interview, "it is yours to lose." SWA is a great place to work but it is ruthless in its acceptance rate. Many, many good folks have not made it through. I did make it, but know that on another day, with another interviewer I may not have. Welcome aboard to those that got picked and keep the faith for those that didn't!

Latest resources

Back