• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Calls or Letters?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Question for early 08 hires..(when I got my second letter from Lindsay...thank you but your qualifications don't meet our needs)Where do you guys fall and fit in the SWA scheme?

In regaurds to the 08 hires...I am July 08. Reserve in BWI could hold a lie in PHX, OAK or LAS. Having a great time! Reserve is a little bit of a pain...but they use us all the time...just not as fleible as the line holder. A little anxious about what the ATI integration will bring me at 4 and a half percent from the bottom!

What have you guys heard about the number of classes/new hires for the rest of 2011? I understand there were two classes that started in June, and before those classes started, the company was expecting to hire 80 more. Has anything changed?

What have you guys heard about the number of classes/new hires for the rest of 2011? I understand there were two classes that started in June, and before those classes started, the company was expecting to hire 80 more. Has anything changed?

Nothing has changed. That is still the target TODAY.

No more classes after the last guys who interviewed in April/May. Interviews perhaps this fall for a few classes next spring. Lots of balls up in the air with Air Tran. Most hires are to cover more copilot vacations and older guys going long term DNIF. My bud did tell me he thinks he might get called on to be one of the ATL chiefs. I guess there's going to be a little regime change going on soon.

No more classes after the last guys who interviewed in April/May. Interviews perhaps this fall for a few classes next spring. Lots of balls up in the air with Air Tran. Most hires are to cover more copilot vacations and older guys going long term DNIF. My bud did tell me he thinks he might get called on to be one of the ATL chiefs. I guess there's going to be a little regime change going on soon.

There were I think 8 of the LUV guys going through training on the 717 last month. All were getting types I believe. Not sure what seniority level they were or if they were management or what. Some of those guys might be the new chiefs in the ATL. I would doubt there is any regime change until SOC but who knows.

In regaurds to the 08 hires...I am July 08. Reserve in BWI could hold a lie in PHX, OAK or LAS. Having a great time! Reserve is a little bit of a pain...but they use us all the time...just not as fleible as the line holder. A little anxious about what the ATI integration will bring me at 4 and a half percent from the bottom!
Thanks for the info Island....seems like you just made it in the door before it slammed shut...I think that you all will do well post merger but SWA as we all knew it will be gone for good....cant bring myself to try a third time...will not be the lottery ticket it once was.

The SWA we have know in the past is a live and well, just in different ways. It's all what you make it. If you want to have fun it's out there or if you want to be a slam clicker then by all means it's your choice too.

Gup

There were I think 8 of the LUV guys going through training on the 717 last month. All were getting types I believe. Not sure what seniority level they were or if they were management or what. Some of those guys might be the new chiefs in the ATL. I would doubt there is any regime change until SOC but who knows.

I guarentee it will be the Chicago chief that steped down or will be steping down. Yes there are some of our and your new family members going through 717 training now.

The SWA we have know in the past is a live and well, just in different ways. It's all what you make it. If you want to have fun it's out there or if you want to be a slam clicker then by all means it's your choice too.

Gup

So true!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back