• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA- Bags Fly Free But Fat Guys Pay Double

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Someone catch me up- isn't it only policy to have them buy the extra ticket if the plane is full.
Agree it's the way it is- but also think it's the most awkward thing we deal with-

Someone catch me up- isn't it only policy to have them buy the extra ticket if the plane is full.
Agree it's the way it is- but also think it's the most awkward thing we deal with-
Yes. If the flight is not full they get a refund. Who wants to sit next to someone that is taking half of your seat also.

we should charge by the pound for the passenger AND bags. if you are the proper weight for your height then you pay the base fair whatever that is. for every pound over your weight group an extra $5 Obese people can start paying for the fuel and space they are using. i'm tired of sitting next to fatasses who's blubber and fat rolls spill over into my seating area. my favorite thing to do already is to lower the armrest and make them squeeze into the space they paid for. and while we're at it they should also pay either higher medical premiums for the disproportionate amount of medical services they use (especially obesity induced diabetes).....or pay an extra tax on unhealthy food if they are already obese. have a friggen set of scales imbedded in the supermarket checkout line and if they are obese then the icecream and cookies cost double.

We dealt with this on two flights I worked last weekend. The two folks were well beyond average size; they almost maxed out the seatbeat extension. FAs were ticked that the two made it past ticketing and the gate agents.

We should treat it like an oversell:

Fat Guy is only required to buy one ticket. In the event that there are no extra seats available, fat guy will be required to compensate a willing passenger for his encroachment into the passengers area.

Ops agent stands up in front of plane with Fat Guy: "Ladies and gentlemen, may I have your attention, this fat guy is willing to pay one of you the cash value of your seat in exchange for the right to spill over on you for the entire flight. No takers? Seat value + $200... No? + $400... No?? + $800...No???

Sorry Fat Guy, Maybe next flight.

My bud at Delta says they make them either buy two seats or first class. Anybody else care to share their carrier policies?

Latest resources

Back