• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

InHot

Oh Yeahhhh
The process continues!

Just got a FEDEX package from Jan Ruley for a background update (NDR, PRIA, FAA records request, etc).

The form letter states:

"At this time Southwest Airlines does not have any Pilot new hire classes scheduled for the remainder of 2002. We will periodically re-evaluate the situation and do our best to keep you informed of any changes. Even though we must take a temporary pause, plans for future growth are still promising."

Maybe they should add: "Log onto Flight Info.com for the latest on SWA hiring plans."

Anyway, just LUV getting mail from SWA!

With all the recent good news I'm getting into the holiday spirit a bit early this year.

Trying to get in the holiday spirit...

Talked to LL yesterday with some optimistic news
She confirmed the talk of hiring new classes starting in Jan however their pool order does not necessarily go by last date of either interview or type. She said they kind of look at both. Don't know exactly what that means other than I must be in the deep end of their pool while I was in the middle #150 in ours. She said I would be on the bubble to make it in about 6 months... big factor whether 20 or 26 is the class size. So that was a bummer as well as a little encouragement. Sounds like everyone is getting excited about the good news and fingerprinting... I just hope we all can get out of the pool soon and in the cockpit!

Les

Early Christmas present..

Got my update package in the mail from Jan today, too. Just like opening an early christmas present. :)

You Got Mail!

Dudes,
Mister FedEx man brought the same package in the mail today! Always good to get mail from SWA!
:p

Haven't received my package yet... hope SWA sent it to the correct city of Springfield! Maybe Mr. Burns intercepted it. I'll be waiting by the door....

Man, I LUV the fact they send their correspondence FedEX! I was pulling for all you guys just because you are fellow pilots--now I find out your getting hired help's my company's bottom line too!

Good luck to all of you--Chase's post on another thread has some very optimistic news.

Ok..

For you guys who had the fedex man come today.. Is this your third round of background check paperwork? I did my initial background info, then re-submitted it a few months back.. are they just getting farther down the list, or is everyone going to have to resubmit the paperwork?

S.B.

SB, Not really

StarB,

I called last week (Thurs) to ask about this since I didn't get the update a few months ago. All my stuff is a year old and I was worried I'd "go non-current" and have to wait on updates so I called to CYA so to speak. 14 years of AF will do that. LL said they'd be in the mail tomorrow, the 1st. The updates are just to keep your stuff current (within a year). Since you updated recently I wouldn't worry about it. Once you start getting close to a class and are about a year from your update I would worry about it then.

As an aside, speaking with LL she said I will definently be in the 2nd class and possibly the first depending on class size. I'm 12 on the list.

I'm out the door to DelRio to my Reserve job. Ya'll be cool.

Slug

Latest resources

Back