SWA Average PIC time for call

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Tor2ga

What is the current average of PIC time for the people getting the call for an interview? A few months ago the times were ranging between 1700-1800. Before that I was told 1200 or better.

Just trying to keep up with the changing times. Could anyone post your pic times when you got the call?

Thank you,
Tor2ga

March HPA Baileys

Tor2ga:

Had a chance to attend talk to SWA hiring department about two weeks ago.

They stated that currently guys being called have around 1700 PIC turbine and a type rating.

A few have been called with less, but mainly around 1700 PIC. They do expect this number to slowly come down. They expect to hire 450 pilots this year and about 500 or so next year.

Hope this helps.

iflyhigh

Does anyone have and idea how total time plays into the equation? I upgraded at relatively low TT, but now have approx 1400 121 turbine PIC. I take the 737 type ride on Saturday and am an instructor at my current carrier. I understand military guys are getting calls around 3500 TT (about where I am at), but does anyone know of any civilian guys getting calls with less than 4500tt?

Thanks in advance.

Talked to a SWA CP about a month ago. They are looking for at least 2000 TPIC right now if you are civilian only, potentially a little more for turboprop guys. The number goes up and down occasionally depending on need and supply of 73 typed candidates in the system. Right now they are pretty fat on guys with 73 types. Frontier, and Alaska will start hiring in November so things should start to move then if oil doesn't go to high, and a couple of airlines don't go under.

j32

I had over 2700 PIC Turbine, and I just got the call. It was all civilian. I have very little PIC military.

6700 TT, 2600 PIC Turbine. Got type last month. All Civilian. Got call yesterday for 7-14 interview.

Good luck!

I can tell you they won't call if you only have 1600 PIC. Congrats to those who have been called! Now, I am going to make sure my phone works again.

Last edited:
6800TT, 4000+ Turbine PIC, 2500+ Jet PIC, 737 type in April. No call yet, but anxiously awaiting one!

Latest resources

Back