• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Aug DB date???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I just meant that I had 2 references checked and ExpressJets IAH and EWR Chief Pilots called.

However, My Chief told me a while back that it's usually a SW Chief Pilot who calls him when they are checking out a prospective newhire.

Ah, got it now! Sorry, it was early, I missed the obvious.

So what is the consensus? 8th or 16th? I would tend to guess the 16th since they interviewed late into July...

I would guess the 16th too. FlyBarney's one person closer to the source than the guy I interviewed with and you know how airline rumors work.

Rec's getting called: I don't think it matters, 1,2 or 10 getting called. I haven't seen anyone have ALL their references get called in my limited experience of surfing these boards. Seems like its usually one or two. Hell, I've seen some guys have none of their ref's called and still get the job and I've seen guys have their ref's called and not get the job. It's impossible to predict what will happen until you get a call or get a letter.
I truly hope the best for all of us! They still need quite a few of us from what I understand. Take care!

Nothin Yet

No references for me...the dark clouds are beginning to circle overhead...

Quag

Refs...

1stCiv et al

For those that have had refs called, I'm happy for you. None of mine have contacted me with similar good news. I know it's not over till you get the letter, but having refs called must be better than not. Sometimes the guys tasked with the job get to it at different times than others, and sometimes they are able to network and use folks that you didn't list as refs but would know you from the jobs you've had; maybe they'd provide more objective info.

I interviewed 12 Jul. Thought the interviews went well, less confident about the LOI.

Trying to remain positive...

Cheers
B

Latest resources

Back