SWA/ATA codeshare ending?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SWA/FO said:
News Flash - I didn't say everyone wanted to work for SWA. Just that Capt. Mega DID want to, maybe along time ago but the fact is she did. She claims to be over it, I doubt that very much - she hangs out on SWA theme threads all the time.
- :pimp:

Newsflash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Read my previous posts and maybe it will get through your thick skull why I "hang out" on SWA threads. I may be an airhead sometimes but I know enough to know that if I wanted to work for SWA, I would be sucking up to all of you guys and not ripping on your airline. Now be a good little boy and PUT THE CRACKPIPE DOWN before you get a drug test and have to participate in Clear Skies buddy.

P.S. I also wanted to work at American, Delta, etc. etc. Just let it go......

SWAdude:

I think it's just you. ;)

I immediately edited my original post because I realized it jumped to conclusions about you...the same way you jumped to conclusions about me.

Subtle humor is not about being a comedian. It's about getting someone to see your point (or their mistake) without using techniques that result in a wall being placed in the cockpit. It helps to keep this job enjoyable and keep the BP normal.

I refuse to let differences of opinion, different techniques, or some FO's weird cockpit habits ruin my trip. I don't get irritated at little nit-noid things the other pilot does. I don't force techniques on anyone. I don't micro-manage the cockpit. I instruct when necessary.

I have flown with a few guys and gals who obviously went out of there way to make this job harder than it is. Those trips SUCK! I will not be those Captains. Sorry, bro.

Of course, I've only been flying for 27 years...what the hell do I know?

Dane Bramage said:
SWAdude:

I think it's just you. ;)

I immediately edited my original post because I realized it jumped to conclusions about you...the same way you jumped to conclusions about me.

I quote you: "I'll bet my next paycheck I'm on no one's AB list."

I don't think I jumped to conclusions about you.

Subtle humor is not about being a comedian. It's about getting someone to see your point (or their mistake) without using techniques that result in a wall being placed in the cockpit. It helps to keep this job enjoyable and keep the BP normal.

Agree. But some behaviors are unacceptable. Can be down right unsafe. Do you accept these with your humor? I hope not. Because you have handed this down to me to deal with. No different than a plane with a problem that you didn't disclose.

I refuse to let differences of opinion, different techniques, or some FO's weird cockpit habits ruin my trip. I don't get irritated at little nit-noid things the other pilot does. I don't force techniques on anyone. I don't micro-manage the cockpit. I instruct when necessary.

I do the same. Many different ways to skin this cat. We are not talking about this.

I have flown with a few guys and gals who obviously went out of there way to make this job harder than it is. Those trips SUCK! I will not be those Captains. Sorry, bro.

Thanks again for making me do the dirty work that YOU should be doing. I make this better for you, but you won't do it for me.

Of course, I've only been flying for 27 years...what the hell do I know?

Sounds like more than my 28!
All but eight in the airlines.

Its not about whether or not ones an a$$hole. Its about doing the right thing. Especially when its not easy.

SWAdude said:
Its not about whether or not ones an a$$hole. Its about doing the right thing. Especially when its not easy.

That is well said. And thank you for trying to make my job easier.

And I do the same for you. Keep up the good work.

Just to be clear, we are only talking about the people we ALL know about. None others. Only one here and there. Most all make my job soooo easy.

I will agree, we don't know what Kelly is thinking. I don't have the same view as you do. I have no idea what is next...

I still think that ATA and SWA will continue to EVOLVE their relationship. I know that things are tough for you guys and I would hate to go to work each day with the uncertianty that you guys have to. With the way SWA is moving lately, it would not surprise me if ATA was doing overseas and SWA domestic with a future full merger in the cards.

That is just one guys speculation....good luck to you guys no matter what happens.

"You guys were bankrupt. At least now you have a healthy airline to come back to."

"You guys would have been here if you could have gotten hired here."

"This is just survival of the fittest."

"Hey, your management did this to you."

"Hey, our management did this to you. The pilot group had nothing to say about it."

"This was an asset acquisition, not a merger."

"Two great airlines. One great future.'

Wait! This thread IS about the TWA/AA merger, right?

What?! It's about SWA/ATA? Oh, sorry, I guess I just got confused...

What's WITH those airlines from the DFW area? :rolleyes: TC

FlyinGuy said:
I still think that ATA and SWA will continue to EVOLVE their relationship. I know that things are tough for you guys and I would hate to go to work each day with the uncertianty that you guys have to. With the way SWA is moving lately, it would not surprise me if ATA was doing overseas and SWA domestic with a future full merger in the cards.

That is just one guys speculation....good luck to you guys no matter what happens.

Right, SWA pilots will just sit idly by enjoying their 737 flying with layovers in lovely OMA and OKC while ATA pilots, being paid about 50% less of course, are flying 757s overseas and enjoying layovers in London, Madrid, Paris, etc etc etc.

and enjoying layovers in London, Madrid, Paris, etc etc etc.

You obviously don't know much about ATA.

Domestic layovers: DFW, DCA, LGA, maybe ONT.

Extra-domestic: OGG, HNL. OK, I grant you this is pretty good.

Military: Japan, can't recall where. Could be Iwakuni, Misawa, or Tokyo. SEA. BUD, which is good when it ain't cold, I hear. SNN, this one's good. KWI, sometimes. Not very frequently. Yes, that's Kuwait.

That's it. Way down from what it used to be.

Ill trade ya.

Latest resources

Back