• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/ATA codeshare ending?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There is no doubt the attitude of the pilots and all the employees have gotten SW where they are today. You all have reason to be proud. Unfortunately, all it takes is a couple of bad decisions by management and things hit the crapper fast. All the rubber gloves and smiles in the world can't change that.

He was right about ATA guys being out there without a net. They've had to sleep in the plane while a revolution is going down at the hotel, out of pocket every mode of transportation you could imagine (rickshaws, fishing boats,...),loads of refugees starting cooking fires in the aisles..... A pilot group extremely dedicated to going above and beyond. It took Mickelsons about a year to piss it all away.

It's going to be a big five years for SWA. No longer the outsider underdog, now you've got the bullseye on your back. Everyone is stealing plays from your book. Everyone has the low prices these days, stole your niche. If you think customers are going to stay loyal to your product when they can save five bucks, you've forgotten how you got here. They've got assigned seating, first class, television, Direct flights.... You're such a lean machine, there's no fat left to trim. Fuel Hedge running out. Legacies are still alive.... Rapid Expansion (where has that gone wrong in the past). Jumping into markets that have been historically shunned by SouthWest, but coveted by "traditional airlines", you know, the ones that love to go bankrupt.

Not nails in the coffin by any means, but don't kid yourself into thinking it can't all go wrong fast enough to make your head spin with just a couple of bad decisions.

A lot of those currently on the bottom have spent their time on top. Granted, you have an extremely good position, but None stay on top forever.

Last edited:
I am so devastated that I don't work for SWA.

The truth comes out. I think your last sentence ment to read "I AM A TOOL" - cus thats what I'm hearing. Enjoy the sort & catch a nap in the lazyboy room.

You're such a lean machine, there's no fat left to trim.
Not true at all.

That's when they come after labor.

Back to the original point of the thread....

I am sure that if anyone can adapt SWA will adapt, that is where ATA fits into the scenario. By using the codeshare with ATA SWA can get feed, ie their presence is felt, from cities that SWA would not normally or can't fly to. I believe the codeshare will be extremely important to the future of SWA and ATA and NO Hal it is not ending.

Last edited:
NO Hal it is not ending.

Hey, I didn't come to that conclusion. I just passed on information. Go back to the start of this thread and look who inferred that conclusion.

If SWA goes to HI and starts Int'l service, what's the point of the codeshare?

BTW, I don't think one LGA-HOU flight has gone out on time since we started it. Do you think SWA would ever let that happen or continue?

SWA/FO said:
Enjoy the sort & catch a nap in the lazyboy room.

I don't know if I can.....I have insomnia all the time because I am so upset that I don't fly white trash around all day long.

SWA/FO said:
The truth comes out. I think your last sentence ment to read "I AM A TOOL" - cus thats what I'm hearing. Enjoy the sort & catch a nap in the lazyboy room.

Not cool, bro... not cool.

Hey, I didn't come to that conclusion.

I was answering your question not predicting your conclusion.

I agree though, if ATA doesn't perform we will destroy the codeshare agreement all by ourself.

I don't know if I can.....I have insomnia all the time because I am so upset that I don't fly white trash around all day long.

You just carry all their ebay $hit in the back. Arn't you being a little racisit there? Picking on one race? Why don't you make fun of all of them? As far as color, all I see is GREEN baby, as in MONEY.

:pimp:

elcid,

Not cool, bro... not cool.

I'm not trying to be cool, just trying to be a :pimp: . It can be hard out here for guys like the SWA/FO, but he means well. See the SWA/FO did a freight job for awhile, he might have somewhat of an idea of what it is like, you know the "sort", naps in da lazyboy....

Many people claim to understand the SWA/FO's current job, when their only experience was landing behind us at MDW or what they read on flightinfo.com.

Last edited:
SWA/FO said:
You just carry all their ebay $hit in the back. As far as color, all I see is GREEN baby, as in MONEY.

U need to compare SWAs earings and UPSs earings..u and your little company have no idea what earings are...UPS probably netted today what SWA grosses in 5 years...u don't have a clue what green is...it's all about the cargo..CAPTmegadeath also has an 11% b-fund...but u have no idea what that is! now get back to work..u have 8 legs left before the sun goes down and those hillbillies have to get to LIT...

Last edited:
CaptainMark,

Where you been baby? Real nice, you know I lose sleep everynight (while your out there flying) over what I make. Actually, I really never bring this topic up. Anyway, my arguement was over what she called our passengers.

Of course you make way more money then I ever will or my company ever will. You'll also age much quicker. Might you live to spend it all? Maybe. I sure hope you do, so you can keep being a pain in my a$$ on flightinfo.com. You getting sick of people asking you if you want to be a Commerical Pilot someday?

Latest resources

Back