SWA/ATA codeshare ending?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
HalinTexas said:
Daley said there would be no net loss of jobs at MDW because of this deal, otherwise the city would not sign off.

A Chi-town politician who made a promise he didn't keep?
I'm shocked! SHOCKED, I tell you! :rolleyes:

7S3W7A said:
Business is tough. You don't like it, go do something else. SWA isn't in the game to make friends and save other companies employees. If we have to take you down to help our business then so be it. Tough luck. Get management who doesn't suck and help yourself.

Only the strong surive in the business world. Deal.

Apply your same logic to a problem facing SWA today.
The Wright Amendment.
Tough luck.
Deal.

Pickle,

Save your breath, guys like him think they are management and don't realize that what airline you're flying at is mostly the luck of the draw. I know of plenty of pilots who chose one airline over another and that airline either furloughed or went out of business. Just go back only around 5-6 years ago, UAL, AAL, NWA, DAL, SWA were all hiring aggressively. Many pilots wanted to go to the top 5 and wouldn't even consider SWA, they chose poorly then. Fast forward another 5-6 years and SWA may be the one in trouble.

Pick a company, stick with them as long as the ride lasts and know that you can only do your job the best way possible and personally have little to do with the future outcome of your company. Arrogance will eventually destroy everyone that thinks they are bullet proof.

Last edited:
You are 100% right. I hope you guys are nice to us too.

atafan said:
Pick a company, stick with them as long as the ride lasts and know that you can only do your job the best way possible and personally have little to do with the future outcome of your company.

This sentence speaks volumes. You won't find many SWA pilots who believe their actions have little to do with the future of the company.

I personally have never heard the SWA/FO claim to be bullet proof.

:pimp:

atafan said:
Pick a company, stick with them as long as the ride lasts and know that you can only do your job the best way possible and personally have little to do with the future outcome of your company.

No one at SWA believes that for a second. Every single leg our pilots strive to save gas and take pride in under burning when possible to the extent we check it, every single leg without fail. Captains and First Officers clean the a/c with rubber gloves, a trash sack and a portable vacuum whenever we have a chance. We greet passengers and say good bye nearly every leg. We hoist strollers and bags and push wheelchairs, not because anyone makes us, but we believe we contribute to the the future outcome of the company. The ops agents here smile, and at their fellow employees too! The rampers work hard and the crew schedulers are professional and courteous even when JAing you. The flight attendants call to check on you most of the time and most show a lot of spirit. The reality is everyone believe that they have a lot to do with the future outcome of their company and so far, 3 decades running, the proof has been in the pudding.

Last edited:
canyonblue737,

I agree with you completely! After I made the comment about pilots have nothing to do but push controls, I knew I wasn't saying what I meant.

Believe me, the pilots have kept ATA going for many years. ATA has been doing more with less for many years. When you have an airplane half way around the world at an airport that most can't even pronounce, your company support is minimal to say the least. Our crews go way above and beyond what you can even imagine to keep the airplanes flying. I can remember working 24+ hour duty days, physically fueling aircraft to buying crackers and sodas for the passengers with my personal credit card. This doesn't even scratch the surface of what our pilots have done in the past and do everyday to keep an operation like ATA flying.

What I meant was that the pilots have nothing to do with HR hiring of FA's or ground crew, we have nothing to do with arranging leases, we have nothing to do with route selections or well you get my point.

Pilots can work over time, clean cabins, greet passengers with chuckles and smiles, speed your way and save every drop of fuel you can but if you have management choose the wrong planes at the wrong lease rates, hire disgruntled gate agents and FA's and construct a bad route system, you will go out of business. I believe the ATA pilots through our positive spirit and can do attitude have kept this airline alive to fight another day.

The employees of SWA are truly blessed with superior management and great employees, take pride in that.

Respectfully

Last edited:
SWA/FO said:
I guess, Chicago Express didn't qualify for the Free Pass in the interview process. Preferential interview doesn't mean - "hey can you start Monday?" It means = we will call you ahead of other applicants (that have been in the system longer then you) becuase we feel bad for you. How many people have gotten your version of the Free Pass at UPS? Besides you? Or did you have to interview there - LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE?!

Uh, actually, before SWA became all high and all mighty, if you were C8, you pretty much got the job if you wanted to work there (that is.....the few people that did want to work there since it was subpar at the time). I guess I am just jealous though because that was before I had the quals and I am so devastated that I don't work for SWA. I don't know if I will ever truly get over it. I had to go to a doctor and get some Prozac just to be able to make it through the day......TOOL! :rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back