• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/AT differences on Trip Trading/OPs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just bid reserve and you will find out who is on the list :eek:) Funny part is that many of them don't realize they are on it. Can't help but smile a bit when the CPT goes "don't understand why the last two FOs called in sick"

BINGO, We have a winner, if you've already figured this out you're ahead of the game, some guys never get it and IF you want to be a "tournament level player" ie. game the system, you have to be a slave to the system, join a cartel, or get the "Sniper program" for the open time system...AND LIVING IN DOMICILE DOESN'T HURT!!!

Good Luck,
KBB

Quick question...I'm moving to a base when I get over there. How far from the base would you consider too far a drive to take advantage of this stuff??? Looking at an hour and a half drive to the employee lot. Hope someday to join the exclusive "tournament level players club"!

Two hour call out is the rule, you can usually 'check in' from the parking lot if needed, as long as your on airport property.

If on reserve, they will sometime push it. Ask you to head right to the gate. But it's your contractual right to say NO. Saying.."I have two hours to check in." Which is one hour prior. That's your call and sometimes it's cool to help out but it depends on your travel time.

That's funny about people not knowing they are on the list. I completely agree.

Why do we need to learn all this ********************t... ELITT, sniping programs, joining a cartel?
We already won the lottery, right?

Quick question...I'm moving to a base when I get over there. How far from the base would you consider too far a drive to take advantage of this stuff??? Looking at an hour and a half drive to the employee lot. Hope someday to join the exclusive "tournament level players club"!

Be careful, we have no base rights nor right of return, unless you are buried in the bases seniority list, there is the possibility of being displaced! We have guys that have been displaced for 5 plus years(Captains), and everytime a group gets together to try to get ROR, they get laughed at by the union because the senior guys say it "disrupts seniority"! Ie. they can't move their boat south for the winter or bid from a base where they are very junior to a base where they are senior in August so they can get choice vacations and once awarded, immediately bid back!

"tournament Level Players Club" has its privileges but it can take a lot of work, flew with one last week, 200 trips plus a month but it takes a lot of work and right now there's not a lot out there...probably easier to join a Cartel but they are very discrete on new membership!

Good Luck,
KBB

Why do we need to learn all this ********************t... ELITT, sniping programs, joining a cartel?
We already won the lottery, right?

You don't have to learn any of it, that's the beauty of it, their are plenty of guys that just fly their line, nothing wrong with that!

All the other stuff is like the "power play" in the lottery, "so you want to Double your pay" click here!

My first year here (on probation of course) I get assigned a reserve trip, one leg the first day that is only 45 mins. In length. The capt. Gets it at premium (the system has changed a lot but in the good old days scheduling would call the guys who they know could make push time first) so the trip pays 19.5 but at premium it pays 26. We get to talking and he had come of a three day premium trip that morning, one leg from St. Louis. Our trip is his last of the month. He has got 240 trips (hours basically) of pay for the month and has blocked on 84 hours of flight time. The FA asks him how much money is that for the month and he says "before taxes and without per diem it's $44k!" I just started laughing. He asked what was funny and I explained to him that was more than I'd make my first year here! (I actually made way more because I learned the system and picked up half of every month at second year pay!)

Long story short, you can work as little or as much as you want here!!! Say you're a captain and wifey wants a new pool, work your a$$ off one month and pay for it! Stories floating around of guys working over their vacation last summer with 300+ trips and gross income for the month over $60k but I can't confirm that. (yes, you can work over your vacation here but me personally prefer my time off!)

Good Luck,
KBB

Sniping Program? Tell me more... :)

I've seen it but don't have it, think its an android product, heard theirs one coming for the IPhone. Flew with a Cappy that had it, he says it's $10 a month and easily makes him a $1000 a month but I can't confirm!

Good luck,
KBB

Latest resources

Back