• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA April Class Dates and Numbers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Calling this age discrimination is a stretch...

This isn't discrimination; it's just bad timing. They popped out of momma a few years too early and got caught under the old retirement age.

I popped out a couple years too late, and now I'm trying to get hired while the industry is adapting to age 65.

are you for real?

I know the rule change included people from getting their seats back. I just don't agree with the situation.
Discrimination is horrible and unjust.

You're right. They only knew their ENTIRE career that they would have to retire at age 60... and they obviously were not disciplined enough to save for retirement (despite the fact that SWA has been one of the best performing stocks over the last 25 years and they should be multi-millionares). Why not come back for 4 years at 45k/per and sit reserve in Oakland.

You proabably also believe Hillary should be awarded the delegates from Michigan despite the fack Obama and Edwards weren't even on the ballot there. Why not.. it would be discrimination otherwise...and very unjust.

"Part" of the second class? So how many of the 47 did we take back? Or should I say how many decided that weekend reserve for a year or two sounded like a big enough carrot?

Gup

Decision Board is tomorrow....retirees/interviewees will know who was/wasn't selected on Tuesday.

Now..as to when you'll know...there's no timetable for that. Anyway, who cares...they don't affect me or you..so whats the worry?

Y
ou're right. They only knew their ENTIRE career that they would have to retire at age 60... and they obviously were not disciplined enough to save for retirement (despite the fact that SWA has been one of the best performing stocks over the last 25 years and they should be multi-millionares).

What does their money situation have to do with discrimination. How would you like to be fired at age 60 for no good reason, thrown out into the cold street with nothing but your shirt on your back.

You probably also believe Hillary should be awarded the delegates from Michigan despite the fack Obama and Edwards weren't even on the ballot there. Why not.. it would be discrimination otherwise...and very unjust.

I'm a Repub or an Indepen at that very least so I don't know what Hillary or Obama stand for nor do I care. I'm voting for McCain!

more thread hijack

instructordude said:
I'm a Repub or an Indepen at that very least so I don't know what Hillary or Obama stand for nor do I care. I'm voting for McCain!

The above statement shows you can't be taken seriously! You are either an obvious flame baiter, or just so far out of touch with reality that its just plain pathetic.

For all of the new people to join SWA in the coming months, new or returning welcome aboard!

As for the merits of legislation, I am pissed the government is not paying off my mortage because I pay my bills on time and have good credit. That sucks for me.

I know the rule change included people from getting their seats back. I just don't agree with the situation.
Discrimination is horrible and unjust.

Be careful what you wish for because you would be on the street if the Delta guys came back with their senority.

They only knew their ENTIRE career that they would have to retire at age 60--->And a lot of them were prepared to walk out at age 60...but that federal law got changed and they see an opportunity...why not take it?... and they obviously were not disciplined enough to save for retirement--->Now thats painting a lot of people with the same broad brush. Lots of these guys are sitting on a wad of cash. Maybe they just like this job at SWA..so why not fly if they can still do it? ...and why does their coming back bother you so much?(despite the fact that SWA has been one of the best performing stocks over the last 25 years and they should be multi-millionares).--->and lots of them are well off. Why not come back for 4 years at 45k/per and sit reserve in Oakland. --->Ohhhh...Reserve in OAK...scary....NOT !!! First of all....they won't stay in OAK too long with a few New Hire classes coming behind them..nor will they stay on Reserve. In fact, I'll bet that in a few months they will all be flying out of the Domicile of their choice...and besides, they already KNOW that they will be on reserve starting out...if it doesn't bother them...why does it obviously bother you?

You proabably also believe Hillary should be awarded the delegates from Michigan despite the fack Obama and Edwards weren't even on the ballot there. Why not.. it would be discrimination otherwise...and very unjust.--->What a stretch...nobody even mentioned Hillary, Obama or Edwards on this issue....now were talking delegates and AGE 65?

...or could it be that Hillary, Obama, Edwards and McCain are all part of the US Senate that voted "Unanimous Consent" to change the age to 65...could that be the tie in?

Some people expend soooo much energy on things they have absolutely no control over....sheesh

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back