Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

nosartoofar

CG Dinosaur
OK, I ran numerous searches and found half of my answer before posting this...

Q: Does SWA want the applicant to select "Check Airman" or "NATOPS" for those of us who do not have either mark in our logbook? I am a Pilot Examiner (so much for standardization throughout the military), performing the duties of a Check Airman, sans paperwork from the FAA. Not sure if SWA is looking for the military types to use the NATOPS qual as the equivalency for the FAA's Check Airman...

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
Dino: I think that you would use the Natops block on their app, seeing as the CG Stan/Eval job is closer to the Navy Natops job than 121 Ops. On the old app they were all in the same block, so checking either should get you the credit for being an IP. I'm sure others will chime in with some opinions as well.

Might be a good "reason" to call the People department to shoot the breeze and get your name in the back of their minds. I'm sure they will give you the best answer, regardless of the opinions you get on here.

Good Luck!

FJ

Former CGD

FalconJet,

Thanks for the quick reply! I'll have the opportunity to chat with their PD next week during my HPA training.

Lots of change coming this way, the mammals are a'comin to inherit the place, time to move on, or be parked in the museum (e.g. DC).

Take care and fly safe!

Str8up,

Congrats on your successful interview! Might have bumped into you at MSLP(?) The app had both NATOPS and Evaluator...the last thing I wanted to do is screw-up my initial correspondence with SWA.

Enjoy the Luv!

I spent 4 long years in that museum, wish I could have avoided it. It is good on the outside.

Good luck with SWA. Don't forget a backup plan. I know of a major package concern in the deep mid south that is rumored to be hiring!

FJ

FalconJet,

Thanks for taking one (or 4) for the team!

Roger that, my next focus of study is the FE written after my type. I have had the pleasure of being stationed with two of your co-workers, both great guys and happy to be there.

Last edited:
Str8up,

Yep, the single best source of PERDIEM and crew control around...hard for the boys to get into too much trouble when you can't stray off campus.

Been heading back every year 2000-present. Always glad to have another set of eyes helping out.

Met with the PD rep today...a military evaluator is a Stan/Evaluator on the application. Thanks for all of the help, best of luck to all.

Latest resources

Back