• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Apllication Winow Opens 9/12

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To the best of my knowledge, it's always been "turbine" time, not specifically "turbojet." Perhaps people have reported it to you incorrectly, just interchanging the two words without thinking. Otherwise no former P-3 or C-130 guys would have been hired, and we have lots of those guys.

The only turbine time that doesn't count, is specifically listed as excluded: turboshaft, as in a helicopter.

Bubba

Yeah, maybe I'm just remembering wrong. That makes sense and is good news.

But I thought general dousch said that swa was not going to hire for years? If he is always right, just ask him, then is swa really hiring?

But I thought general dousch said that swa was not going to hire for years? If he is always right, just ask him, then is swa really hiring?

It's kind of hard to see over the horizon, let alone the future, from your mom's basement.

Every pilot since Orville and Wilbur, wants to be the lead sled dog, otherwise you are just looking at a bunch of butts.

Rough guess for you WNers: How long would it take to hold HOU as a base?
Hired this spring, training, then wait for retirements, maybe 9 months to a year? More if GK rightsizes and shrinks, maybe years then? But remember, you're only moving East out of OAK if someone comes in below you. Last hiring was how many years ago?

Hired this spring, training, then wait for retirements, maybe 9 months to a year? More if GK rightsizes and shrinks, maybe years then? But remember, you're only moving East out of OAK if someone comes in below you. Last hiring was how many years ago?

Last year.

If SWA won't take you, just go to a crappy airline like sun country or allegiant. I went to the AirTran and it work'd 4 me. sW is on a buying spree. Now I's be a SW pilot. Reel sweet.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back