SWA Any good news????? Anybody!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Winglets

I had an Aerospace Structures Professor who said the real reason for winglets was when the wings folded up from massive g-loading, the winglets would meet up on top to create a new little wing to get you the rest of the way home.......Guess you had to be there.

(If you knew Prof. Howard Smith from KU (RIP, Howard), you'd laugh)

Correction

In talking to some folks it would appear that SWA may only have one more class penciled in for the remaining part of the year. While Jun/Jul may still happen, confusion in passing along info resulted in misinterpreting the classes for Jun/Jul. My apologies.

Concerns for returning reservists, continuing to conserve money & overall desires to stay lean is the reason for the pace. Remember SWA is about at what they projected they would be for hiring for the year. Anything more will be gravy & hopefully it will happen.

Word has it that the 200's will be gone by end of '04, sooner than forecasted by company in 10-K posting in Jan '03. Higher costs & upgrade modes that make keeping them around not financially sound. We'll see if more airplanes get added to fill in the gap.

Have a great weekend & enjoy the family.

19 May Class

Well it's been 'a great first week of the rest of our last career'. It started with a welcome party (thanks to the 5 May class), a LUV Spirit Party, and a Fri Deck party to finish the week.

We have an awesome class with 9 military and 11 civilians. 3 of the military guys did some civilian work while in the pool. 14 out of 20 were in the Pool list (9/9 military) so the stats guys can start working out the new Poolie factor.

As for new classes, we did not get any new news. Maybe a class in July or Aug. Everything else as Chase said in his last post. We are hoping, just as bad as you are, that more Poolies get the call, but it is well worth the wait none the less.

I better get back to the Spurs/Mavs game...I mean studying;o) Good luck to all the poolies, and especially my bro Stinger!

Cheers

This place just ain't the same without Tred posting all the time....

Latest resources

Back