SWA and SWAPA reach an agreement in principle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AIP worse than TA1

Really? 2%2%0%2%? Everyone else takes 3% YOY and retro.

We give up the farm in code-sharing. No protection against increased code-sharing and shrinking SWA flying?

And - guys are on the SWAPA board yelling yippie about their $500 retro check. Awesome. Just give the farm away for your 4%. Meanwhile the guys/gals in the back get their 12%.

Seriously. This was pushed out before the elections.

I miss ALPA.

Don't need it, just slow the place down and it would bleed cash.

Seems this new TA which was promised to be equal to the first one, is about 4% less over the term than the first one. The BOD will regret it if they send it to the members for a vote.

Sounds like it's still just 2% as well. I'm glad we as SWA pilots are not valued as much as the FAs and Mechs. Maybe I'll have a FA or Mech next to me doing my RNP S2 training next month. They are doing it for their 1% and I'll be doing it for free.

I wanted to see a parity increase and a change (improvement) in reserve language. Heck, all I wanted to see was a stick to your RAP. Meaning, if I have the seniority to hold PM Reserve, I simply don't want to be flying an AM Shift.

Does anyone else think the fact that this is agreed to just before elections is fishy?

I assume you are not a FA. Maybe you should consider your salary compared to other pilots in the industry. The agreement has nothing to do with the elections.

Seems this new TA which was promised to be equal to the first one, is about 4% less over the term than the first one. The BOD will regret it if they send it to the members for a vote.

Just do us a favor and quit now if your so unhappy.

If any of you are really a SWA pilot posting, remember the day you interviewed. Were you that person, or someone who should be working somewhere else? The industry sucks. Don't put the nail in the coffin and let us join the rest of it.

Where did you come up with the 4%?

Please explain how you came up with this. I was told the $ in this TA is the same as the first one.

2,2,0,0,2 is not equal to 2,2,2,0,0 unless you are really bad at math. the 4% is wrong though, it works out closer to 1%. the example was a theoretical pilot making 100. the difference worked out to be TA1 was worth $4700 more over the 5 years out of 520,000 or so. so about 1% a year less. not a big deal. but it certainly isn't worth more.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back