SWA and SWAPA reach an agreement in principle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bluebound

Announced today. Retro, raises, icreased 401k, ELITT remains, lance captains grandfathered. It's gonna be a good day tatter.

Announced today. Retro, raises, icreased 401k, ELITT remains, lance captains grandfathered. It's gonna be a good day tatter.

I am doing my best to withold judgement until I read it but........

The devil is in the details. I'm VERY skeptical that it's any better than TA1 - just worded differently.

Gup

All I want is a provision to get rid of the animals. Crying babies are bad enough, but barking, pooping dogs? Stop the madness!!

unfortunately...I don't believe any pilot contract will have ANY control over poohing K9s.

All I want is a provision to get rid of the animals. Crying babies are bad enough, but barking, pooping dogs? Stop the madness!!

Agreed!! Had a cat get loose and run around the cabin and found a nice spot to piss. Thought the "Boystown" FA was gonna piss on someone too. Yikes!

No scope/merger improvement

No reserve rules......still!!!

Same POS as last time, only it doesn't smell as bad......

Scope/merger improvements were already agreed to as stated previously in a SWAPA email. As were all other sections except for compensation and retirement.

I might be wrong but I think those were the only 2 open sections going into Labor Day weekend. But, we shall see. As stated above, El Diablo is in the details...

No scope/merger improvement

No reserve rules......still!!!

Same POS as last time, only it doesn't smell as bad......

Sounds like it's still just 2% as well. I'm glad we as SWA pilots are not valued as much as the FAs and Mechs. Maybe I'll have a FA or Mech next to me doing my RNP S2 training next month. They are doing it for their 1% and I'll be doing it for free.

I wanted to see a parity increase and a change (improvement) in reserve language. Heck, all I wanted to see was a stick to your RAP. Meaning, if I have the seniority to hold PM Reserve, I simply don't want to be flying an AM Shift.

Does anyone else think the fact that this is agreed to just before elections is fishy?

I am doing my best to withold judgement until I read it but........

The devil is in the details. I'm VERY skeptical that it's any better than TA1 - just worded differently.

Gup

Amen Gup.......

I am also quite skeptical. This BOD has been very vocal about being dissapointed that TA1 failed. I can't imagine them chainging their spots, in spite of the "we've heard you loud and clear" rhetoric.

SWApA's "counteroffer" that's been on the table for the last week or so, for lack of better words, sucks as bad as TA1.

Unless they miraculously pulled a rabbit out of the hat, I'm betting it's another no vote for me......

Latest resources

Back