• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA and SWAPA reach an agreement in principle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If any of you are really a SWA pilot posting, remember the day you interviewed. Were you that person, or someone who should be working somewhere else? The industry sucks. Don't put the nail in the coffin and let us join the rest of it.

Yes, whatever we do lets not speak up like we were hired to do and offer criticism to make the place better, lets keep our hole shut and let the ship sail off into the iceberg...

heres a better idea, lets all shutup til the TA comes out, I'll be first. Ciao.

Last edited:
There will be a lot of complaining and fussing, but in the end this will pass by about 65%.

Yup yup. For sure. I think TA 1 would pass if they just printed it in a nicer font and sent it back.

Pilots

Can someone please explain to me why pilots wish other pilots anything but support and the best. Especially in light of the fact that if we benefit, then everyone benefits.

I do not see other labor trades, teachers or contract employees doing this.

This is my third airline. I'm a former ALPA elected volunteer. Needless to say I am frustrated by the lack of knowledge, flame and lack of brotherhood amongst pilots (swa ta, frontier aqui).

Here's to the downward spiral of our profession. Cheers.

I heard ta3 was agreed to about 1 hour ago. Torti ran it by the class in the training center. The deal was basically TA 1 but ca pay would be 400K per year. fo pay 300K. the schedule would be to work only thursday am or pm your choice. One pilot raised his hand and said "every thursday?" Good luck making everyone happy! That being said CODESHARING IS OUTSOURCING!!

Can someone please explain to me why pilots wish other pilots anything but support and the best. Especially in light of the fact that if we benefit, then everyone benefits.

I do not see other labor trades, teachers or contract employees doing this.

This is my third airline. I'm a former ALPA elected volunteer. Needless to say I am frustrated by the lack of knowledge, flame and lack of brotherhood amongst pilots (swa ta, frontier aqui).

Here's to the downward spiral of our profession. Cheers.

It really is mind boggling isn't it?

It also permeates the industry beyond anonymous message boards. I can't tell you how many times I have had a guy in the jumpseat crucifying this airline or that airline.

It is our biggest downfall. Pattern bargaining only works during positive GDP times. We pattern up during the good times, but it takes years, and we pattern down during bad times, but it takes months or even weeks.

Nobody thanks the last represented group during the good times. But nobody hesitates to attack the first group that takes a pay cut.

It is all very sad and predictable. Unfortunately we have been doing the same thing for decades and still haven't learned that it doesn't work.

Come on.

I'll bet you bitch about your wife from time to time. I love her dearly but sometimes she really pisses me off.

Same thing.
Gup

Latest resources

Back