SWA and References

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Charlie Brown

I know this has probably been discussed at length, but please save me from sifting through the garbage to find out...

How good a sign is having your references called?

Thanks,
CB

Called, good, Not called, not good. They won't call if you didn't make the cut at the interview. If they called, you made the cut, now your'e getting checked out to go to the next level. Some problems are discovered during background checks, this will be voted on at the hiring board. Just because you get a reference called, doesn't mean youv'e made it, it's just an indicator your proceeding through the process.

There have been a few who say their referencse were not called yet they were hired. I disagree, they just didn't know who the PD folks talked too.

So, don't give up hope.

I dont have any inside info on the subject but it seems that your references being called is never a bad thing but by no means is it a "your hired " thing either. A quick search has more than one guy or gal that had one or all references called and then got the "no thank you" letter.

On the same token i saw several posts where they said no references were called...and got the thumbs up....

I guess you really dont know until you either get a phone call or a letter...either way best of luck to you guys...

I interviewed previously and had no references called. I got the letter. I interviewed in December, had my references called and got a phone call.

My unscientific poll seems to suggest having references called is good. I do work with a guy who had his references called and still got a letter.

Recently I have been working diligently on my SWA app., hope second time is a charm, keep the info flowing please :)

Does the recommendation letter have to be from someone at SWA? or just someone who you have flown with at any airline?

Rec letters can be from anyone. They specifically want someone who has flown with you or who can attest to your flying ability. When I went to the pilot open house they told us a good rec would come from someone who knew you for a long period and could attest to your flying ability.

If you know anyone in the company they can put online recs in for you but only AFTER you get put on the interview list. We were also told the online recs could count for your 3 letters if you needed them to.

Latest resources

Back