SWA and LAS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

kc81900

Heard a rumor which I am sure is as old as the hills but I thought I would see if there was any life still in it. I heard that SWA was considering putting a crew base in LAS. Actually what I heard is that it was already announced. Anyone??

Next Crew Base?

Last yeat Vegas was 1 of 3 cities (Tampa, Nashville and Vegas) that the company was looking at. We mght get a new base next year and alot of people are holding their breath....that it might be Vegas. It would be a terrible city for commuters!

Vegas has been rumored for many, many years and still nothing. SWA and SWAPA analyze cities for being made into based on RON aircraft. With using that information, Vegas should have been a base 10+ years ago now. From what I hear they would have the highest price per square foot for rent at the airport out of all of are current cities we fly to. Plus I know the company would be very concerned about commuter issues since the flights are always packed, so I wouldn't hold your breath.

Does anyone know how the company determined OAK to be a crew base since 99% of the pilots and FAs don't want to be there and commute?

Plus I know the company would be very concerned about commuter issues since the flights are always packed

Does SWA really take that into consideration? Since we opened LAS as a base (AWA), I haven't heard of anyone having trouble getting to work. With all the frequency I would think it to be fairly painless, especially if you're with a company that has CASS.

Saabslime said:
With all the frequency I would think it to be fairly painless, especially if you're with a company that has CASS.

Flight Attendants commute too, and the 4th FA seat is not always available as anyone in the company can ride it. I hope we don't do Vegas, I would miss the Hard Rock on Friday nights.

Just got back from a PC in Dallas. Latest word straight from the company: no money has been budgeted for a new crew base in 2006.

How much does it cost to open a new crewbase? Anyone know?

PHXFLYR

Until the total cost is less than the hotels we buy every night, then it's a moot point.

BTW... Vegas is a done deal. I heard it myself 12 years ago :)

Gup

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back