SWA and CURRENT PIC TURBINE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LARRY H. JUNIOR

assuming one HAS a 737 type, and only 1000 pic turbine, but has 5500 f/o hours in a 727, is this competitive for swa?
i interviewed at swa in 2001. no type. interview went well as all ref were called, did the drug test, etc. received the thanks but no thanks letter. after a call to swa, i was told to get some current pic turbine, even in a caravan.
point is, are the above mentioned qualifications sufficient to obtain a second swa interview? i have not logged a single hour of pic turbine in over 10 years.

Last edited:
LARRY H. JUNIOR said:
assuming one HAS a 737 type, and only 1000 pic turbine, but has 55000 f/o hours in a 727, is this competitive for swa?
i interviewed at swa in 2001. no type. interview went well as all ref were called, did the drug test, etc. received the thanks but no thanks letter. after a call to swa, i was told to get some current pic turbine, even in a caravan.
point is, are the above mentioned qualifications sufficient to obtain a second swa interview? i have not logged a single hour of pic turbine in over 10 years.

omg, i'd say you're qualified to fly the space shuttle with those kinda hours!!!

dabandermac said:
omg, i'd say you're qualified to fly the space shuttle with those kinda hours!!!

I'd agree, by my calculations that's over 6 1/4 years of actual right seat flight time in the 727!
Just teasing, of course. Good luck with SWA.

-Blucher:D

Dude, if you flew the sewer pipe I'd say you're good to go in just about anything anytime anywhere.

Reapply. What's the worst that can happen?

Gup

See to the left for the types and totals.

USAF Stan Eval (Check Airman)

1250 Turbine PIC

1500 SIC in the -800

No call since applying online Feb 2004

Meeting with LF in MDW about Jan 2005 (Midway Chief) and he said 1250 PIC wasn't competitive in today's enviroment. He said they will eventually get down to there but it will take awhile. SIC is pretty much useless and I have a lot of it!!

I would have gone in 2004 if called and hired, but they they have hired a lot of guys since then so I am probably doomed to ride the AMR Rollercoaster for the duration. I am a 5/92 AA hire with no left seat upgrade in sight. 3 years as FE and 11 as an FO.

Unit
Gear Up, Yes Sir

Say what?

dabandermac said:
try more like 60 years

Me thinks you missed my point. I meant 6 1/4+ years actually in the seat, in flight, as in no breaks to do little things like sleep, eat, get off the airplane, land and refuel, etc... 6 1/4 years actually in flight, round the clock. I don't care who you are, that's a lot of time to be pressurized!

-Blucher:nuts:

Blucher said:
Me thinks you missed my point. I meant 6 1/4+ years actually in the seat, in flight, as in no breaks to do little things like sleep, eat, get off the airplane, land and refuel, etc... 6 1/4 years actually in flight, round the clock. I don't care who you are, that's a lot of time to be pressurized!

-Blucher:nuts:

let me clarify:
the 55000 was a typo. yes, i have 5500 sic. as to the 6 1/4 years, that is not the issue. the issue was are these stats competitive in the swa application environment today.

Ease up Cap

threegreen said:
you guys are dorks. freaking out at an obvious typo.

Green,
Ease up, man. I'm fairly certain we're just joking around (I know I am), and it sure beats studying for my upcoming checkride! The main point of this is procrastination, right?

And to Larry,
Sorry for hijacking your thread. Good luck.

-Blucher;)

Latest resources

Back