Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/Airtran pilot integration thoughts, what will the new list look like?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All this talk of grammar.

Yet no appreciation of Greek Lit. Lysistrata, if memory serves, encouraged the women of Greece to DENY sex in an attempt to end the Peloponnesian War. Not sure what waveflyer meant by saying SWA has some "Lysistras that could take care of you".

Or is he suggesting frigid stews until the SLI is complete? Could be a brilliant negotiating strategy.

I think he was suggesting the latter, but he obviously doesn't understand the makeup of the majority of our F/A's as any kind of incentive to worry about that... ;)

"Don't fish off the company pier, especially if you're on the catch and release program." :D

"See darlin, that's Latin. Apparently Mr Ringo's an educated man. Now I really hate him."

Yes- but you forget how the story ends:

"Peace talks commence and Lysistrata introduces the Spartan and Athenian delegates to a gorgeous young woman called Reconciliation. The delegates cannot take their eyes off the young woman; and meanwhile, Lysistrata scolds both sides for past errors of judgment. The delegates briefly squabble over the peace terms; but, with Reconciliation before them and the burden of sexual deprivation still heavy upon them, they quickly overcome their differences and retire to the Acropolis for celebrations. "

The SWA contract means exactly dick!

Contracts change every few years, That's guaranteed. Nothing is for sure except seniority.

UAL was king siht 10 years ago, look at them now. SWA pilots were leaving for UAL and UsAir in droves back then.

I'm glad that you SWA guys are alll proud of your great contract, hope it lasts. History guarantees that it won't.

This is "a merger of peers", get used to that, you'll be hearing it a lot in the coming months.

Last edited:
You're just trying to get a turn with Reconciliation first...
I got dibs(!)

Relative seniority based on average W-2 gross over the last 3 years, sounds fair to me. Of course that will equate to a staple somewhere around the 85th percentile.
Let's give the AirTran Pilots the benefit of the doubt. They were willing to strike 98% to not come back to a job for an Alaska Pilot Pay Scale. That's Takes Real Moxie! Let give that to them and then let the SLI be based upon your pay rate. That way everyone is happy.
Cheers!:beer:

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back