Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/Airtran pilot integration thoughts, what will the new list look like?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We're not angry. We're tired of being hung out to dry. Don't get me wrong, I count myself very blessed to be at SWA. But I also paid my dues, and paid them dearly, to get where I am. We are more than a bit jaded by the way our union has favored the most senior at our company, most noticably in the way they fought tooth and nail for the retirement age change, with nary a thought for how it would affect the FOs and junior Captains. It wasn't until the very next union rag after the December 2007 rule change that we saw an article reminding the Captains that this change would be detrimental to the junior folk, and to please keep them in mind when discussing these things. Gosh, thanks SWAPA!

This acquisition is just the latest way that FOs at SWA have been railroaded.

Dude, you sound like you are mad at the world. The decision to buy AAI was made. You had no say. You have no say in how the SLI will go as it will probably be determined by a judge. Just take a deep breath and relax. Nobody will get completely screwed in this SLI. Some may lose a few spots and some may gain a few spots. For you to say AAI brings nothing to the mix is a bit arrogant. If that was the case GK would have never even contacted BF with a deal. It will be a while before any of this happens anyway.

I was talking about your wife or gf's-

But I think we got a few Airline Lysistrata's that could take care of you!

Haha- alcohol and *************************= great culture- ;-)

An excellent segway into the merits of the 717 and its culture at AirTran :p

I just love it when the 5%ers start acting like they have a clue about executive level financials and somehow attempt to correlate that to the SLI- you guys are all clearly bored --- except this time- you're drama CAN and HAS snowballed into major conflict at other carriers... So if you really think your opinion about airline financials and Sli's etc upon etc is worth that... Keep it up- I'll be here still calling you 1/2 nerds 1/2 retarded and beating the "don't end up like Airways" drum.

General Lee has it 100% right.
(enjoy that Gen)

Let it go to arbitration- enjoy your hobbies and make it a goal to have sex 2 more times a week than you do now.

Do that and this is ALL good for everyone

WELL GOSH--DANG! DID EVERYONE READ THAT? AH YEAH! HEY, I LOVE YOU GUYS TOOOOOO! YOU GUYS ARE REAL NICE! This merger will be handled by people way above pilot pay grades, with lawyers fighting for each side, and arbitrators making the final decision. Everyone except the number 1 seniority pilot will be a little upset. Bank on that.

Regardless, all of you are FANTASTIC PEOPLE. REALLY, STAND UP PEOPLE. And, if you have time tonight, try to do something nice for someone or something. If you see a hooker walking the street, give her a coffee and a HUG, (although you might have to give her pimp $20) It will all be worth it! See ya!

Bye Bye--General Lee

That's actually a good idea about the hookers Gen-
Might turn around a life and get a pro for your own....

http://www.geekzone.co.nz/juha/1320

Do pilots just make up fukcing words? LOL.......

The word was derived from 'Segue' 2. To move smoothly and unhesitatingly from one state, condition, situation, or element to another:

It became a part of the urban dictionary: "To seamlessly transition from one part of a conversation to the next as if you were riding on a "Segway" scooter between the two points".

"Segue" is derived from 'vulgar Latin'. I thought you'd understand that ....Juan :D

It's a crutch for people who can't spell words that aren't regularly in their vocabulary. Like just about everything else in the "urban dictionary", aka, a lazy or uneducated person's thesaurus.

Sorry, bad spelling, vocabulary, punctuation, etc is a pet peeve of mine amongst people who are SUPPOSED to be learned professionals.

/soap box

It's a crutch for people who can't spell words that aren't regularly in their vocabulary. Like just about everything else in the "urban dictionary", aka, a lazy or uneducated person's thesaurus.

Sorry, bad spelling, vocabulary, punctuation, etc is a pet peeve of mine amongst people who are SUPPOSED to be learned professionals.

/soap box

BTW, regarding your peeve about puncutation: I think ya forgot a "." and a ",".

The following is an excerpt from The Comma,
When a series is concluded with etc. in the middle of a sentence, the etc. is set off by commas.
He told her he was into shuffleboard, soap operas, Lawrence Welk, etc., before she managed to slip out the back door.
She powdered her nose, her body, her alibis, etc., to meet his scrutiny intact.

Their you have it. :)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back