• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TAZ, mea culpa. I retract my "inapplicable" comment completely.
Literate? I can't even read an internet post without misinterpreting it.

Thanks Taz, to be honest, I thought we were all kidding, sorry Dennis got so wound up, usually I like his stuff; guess we all just rubbed him the wrong way today.

We all know nothing's gonna' happen to these guys. Yeah, they blew it, big deal. They're gonna go to the CP's office, he's gonna spank 'em. They're gonna get some sort of remedial training at their Training Center and wammo, they'll be much more careful next time; crises over.

I'm sure it sucks now for them, but, I'll bet the Captain will be joking about it later.

Maybe I am just wound up, could be that I haven’t got much sleep lately, I feel like Senator Byrd, and he’s burning the cross at both ends. I just don't like to make merriment of other pilots mistakes, I feel like the Karma Chameleon is going to come over and tumble for ya. Do you really want to hurt me. Why are the Thompson Twins a Threesome?

Why are the Thompson Twins a Threesome?
Why is a jetway a place for people to walk?
Why do aircraft use a taxiway?
Why can't joggers use a runway?
How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?

A-one, a-two, a-thr-r-r-reeee....You can't argue with the wise old owl.
Peace, out.

Phaedrus said:
A-one, a-two, a-thr-r-r-reeee....You can't argue with the wise old owl.
Peace, out.

Can the wise old owl tell us how many feet you have to be off the taxi line to hit a f%*&#@! light pole ?

320AV8R

SAN DIEGO – No one was injured today when a jet taxiing around another plane clipped a light pole at Lindbergh Field, airport officials said.

The pilot of a Southwest flight was taking a detour around a Northwest plane stuck on a taxi way when a wingtip of the Southwest plane hit a light pole, authorities said.The accident was reported at 2:45 p.m., said Rob Wigington, spokesperson for the San Diego County Regional Airport Authority.

The light pole was damaged, as was the wing of the plane, Wigington said.

The Southwest passengers were taken off the plane and the airline found other flights for them, Wigington said. The plane was headed for Las Vegas, and then to Norfolk, Va., Wigington said.

The Northwest plane had a smoking nose gear that needed to be replaced and was stuck on the runway for more than two hours, a San Diego Fire Department dispatcher said.

Let me guess? A320?

Latest resources

Back